[iOS][Search] Link redirect to app

I know I'm definitely not the first person to say this and I don't care because I am annoyed. Spotify needs to make sharing music easier within the app. I get you don't want the messenger feature back and that's cool, I don't want it either, but I shouldn't have to login on my browser every time someone sends me a link for a song. That's stupid. That's ridiculous. And obviously my phone is capable of redirecting to the app but my Mac is not. Therefore you guys need to design the sharing function better.

Please do not respond with "we will not be restoring messaging within the app".

👍🏻

Updated on 2019-09-02

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Status changed to: Need more information

Updated on 2019-07-17

Hey there @TIFF22,

Thank you for submitting this idea, we'll just need a bit more info to understand it first.

Just to confirm, would you like to be redirected to the app on your Mac or iOS device when you're clicking on a song's shared link? 

TIFF22
Casual Listener
Yes I would like to be redirected to the app on my Mac when clicking on a shared link.
-Tiffanie
Daisy
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2019-08-26

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here.

Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-09-02

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.