Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Siri Integration

Instead of Siri Integration in the way this post is requesting, Siri Shortcuts Support would be far more useful and beneficial to the users, and easier for Spotify to implement. Please vote for this idea instead:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/iOS-Other-Shortcut-Support/idi-p/4569462#M87573

Now that Apple has announced an API for developers to have access to Siri, it would great if Spotify supported it, as well as announcing Siri support in the update release notes instead of the worthless "We're always making changes and improvements to Spotify" messages, that make finding new features a guessing game. (Like support for 3D Touch.)

Updated on 2019-10-07

Spotify is now integrated into Siri on Apple iOS devices.

This eagerly awaited feature will let you control Spotify and play music, podcasts, and playlists using the power of your voice. Now you can listen to Disney Hits or an exclusive podcast like Set It Straight with Midland at work, home, on the commute, while exercising, or doing chores, all by saying the familiar “Hey Siri, play. . . ” to hear the audio you want. Just make sure to update your iPhone to iOS 13 – from there, remember to end each phrase with “on Spotify.”

The Siri integration is also available on our new and improved app for iPad.

Comments
dannyboy85

wow, talk about dissapointment! Siri integration works great in Apple Music and 3rd party apps (WhatsApp, PayPal).

Imagine how much safer it would be to use Spotify while driving if you could just talk to it... you could literally save lifes...

dannyboy85

wow, talk about dissapointment! Siri integration works great in Apple Music and 3rd party apps (WhatsApp, PayPal).

Imagine how much safer it would be to use Spotify while driving if you could just talk to it... you could literally save lifes...

Cherry_bomb

"Not Right Now". I'd like to know the reason behind that. What's the point in announcing SIRI API access to only some developers. Obviously an aggressive attempt to grow Apple Music.  I'm jumping out of the Apple eco system (after a solid 13 years endorsement). I've had enough of Apple.

Morganjohnson94

There also needs to be a feature to shuffle songs while the phone is playing spotify from the sleep mode (screen black)

inzn

Especially when using AirPods this would be nice. Otherwise I have to use Apple Music - please make this happen!

I have switched to Android and can't be happier. Among other things, you say "OK Google, play whatever on Spotify" and you are good to go. 

johnhamelink

Siri integration would make the CarPlay integration even better!

This is ridiculous, siri app support has been around for a while now. Wondering how many ios users feel forced to switch to apple music, or is that the whole point?

jayeagleson
Siri app support is not available yet. It's not available for music apps
yet.
fergandkate
Sure but how long do we all wait? It is a big deal also when using air pods..