Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Siri Shortcuts Support

PREFACE:

With the release of iOS 12, iPhone users can now utilize Shortcuts to make the most of their daily routines by automating tasks and steps in both native and third party apps. Currently, the extent to which Spotify can be utilized via Shortcuts is to simply Open App.

IDEA:

I wish to see more options and a wider scope of utility of Spotify in Shortcuts to the capacity of playing specific playlists when I leave my home, and adding the current song to a new custom playlist that I can name, or even copying a song link to a tweet. I know the Shortcut app would be capable of handling a workflow along those lines but it seems it would require a bit more generosity from the Spotify app.

MODERATORS:

Please note that this is NOT the same idea requested here considering that post is requesting for "Siri Integration" not "Shortcut Support". In addition, this idea is no longer an announcement as prefaced here and is now a public feature in iOS 12 as of Monday (9/17).

Updated on 2018-12-06

Hey folks, Spotify staff here.

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes from our users.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is our blog for news updates about any such partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

Comments
Bro11

I don’t exactly know how this works but for the Spotify app on iOS, make shortcut interactions. I’ve seen other apps do it, and I feel like that’s one feature still missing. I wanted to make my phone play an album when I open a certain app. Again, I don’t know how adding the interactions works but it would definitely add a bit of something exclusive to Spotify.

gAggiNgcactUS

I just want a quick way to get to the equalizer. It is so buried in settings that I almost wish that it didn’t work as well as it does. 

I want a shortcut allowing access directly to equalizer from anywhere within iOS. I usually only want to adjust the bass bands, but I need do this very frequently.

RMCRMC

I want this so bad I consider switching to Apple Music again

RMCRMC

So I got Apple music with a new iPhone and now I realise how much more I miss this festure than I thought. 

it's so nice to wake up to a playlist. Have a certain playlist set in your car the moment I get i to it. 
I love that I have a playlist playing when I switch on my dinner lights. 

I habitually still use Spotify. But with these automations I increasingly use Apple Music now. 

such a shame they don't use this feature on iOS — definitely a bad decision imho

edit:

I am an Apple Music user now 🙂

jessemansbridge

Please hurry up and implement this feature, Apple Music is looking very enticing with its ability for automation making it much easier to use. 

Krahnin

How is this still not a feature? Millions of people have iPhones. Millions frequent communities and sub-reddits talking about shortcut automations. The absolute first thing anyone wants to do is set up shortcuts with music so they can jam out while brainstorming, working, building other shortcuts, etc.

I have a home gym. With a single tap on an NFC tag I can launch an Apple Music playlist, set playback to the speakers in that room, start a workout on my watch, and set a focus mode on my phone. Would be great if that could be a Spotify playlist like my Discover Weekly, but you guys seem more interested in actively alienating Apple users than delivering features.

RMCRMC

All in all I am very happy with Apple Music. The only feature I miss is Spotify connect but over all I can only encourage everyone to switch. 
Thinking of trying out Qobuz. 

kdowswell

Way overdue!

nilbud

Shortcut support is getting closer and closer to being a dealbreaker for me.

With iOS shortcut is much easier to implement, so...

blackketter

Not really a third party integration, more like platform support. Like if copy and paste didn’t work.