Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Siri Shortcuts Support

PREFACE:

With the release of iOS 12, iPhone users can now utilize Shortcuts to make the most of their daily routines by automating tasks and steps in both native and third party apps. Currently, the extent to which Spotify can be utilized via Shortcuts is to simply Open App.

IDEA:

I wish to see more options and a wider scope of utility of Spotify in Shortcuts to the capacity of playing specific playlists when I leave my home, and adding the current song to a new custom playlist that I can name, or even copying a song link to a tweet. I know the Shortcut app would be capable of handling a workflow along those lines but it seems it would require a bit more generosity from the Spotify app.

MODERATORS:

Please note that this is NOT the same idea requested here considering that post is requesting for "Siri Integration" not "Shortcut Support". In addition, this idea is no longer an announcement as prefaced here and is now a public feature in iOS 12 as of Monday (9/17).

Updated on 2018-12-06

Hey folks, Spotify staff here.

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes from our users.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is our blog for news updates about any such partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

Comments
itzcharlotte

Yeah I commented on this a couple years ago and I really can’t believe this isn’t a thing. I’m switching to Apple Music. This should have been done by now or at least added to the list of features to come.

Duckrabbit

PLEASE add "shortcuts" for *sorting* as it's the thing I lose most time on, when wanting to listen to my podcasts.

"Play next song" might seem useful (and it is) but those are mostly covered by one click actions (esp in cars & on headphones)

Sorting is what makes the whole listening experience tedious. (choosing "sorting", then "unplayed", then "sorting", then "oldest to newest") esp because Spotify doesn't care about habits or defaults (WHO in their right mind would want to listen to the LAST episode FIRST, or would want to default on ALREADY PLAYED EPISODES?!)

kvas_taras

Plan

Premium

Country

Ukraine

Device

(iPhone 13 Pro)

Operating System

(iOS 16.2)

My Question or Issue

So I've recently switched to Spotify from another streaming platform and I used to use Siri commands like really most of the time. And the "Add song to playlist" command was perhaps the most important, espesially when you drive. Cause when you are listening to an awesome song you hear for the first time, you better not lose it.

In my case I'm adding it to one of my playlists depending on the song's genre. And when you drive it's highly recommended not to do it manually. Instead use a Siri command.   
My every try to add a song to a playlist failed and that's why I ended up here. Assuming there is no such a command yet, but maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Please let me know if there is a solution 🙂

Nomosapien

You people keep closing ideas so people just vote for this one dawg. Add support to change setting with Apple shortcuts. Things like turning audio normalization on when I get in the car or connect to my speaker would be VERY USEFUL. Changing EQ presets for different speakers would completely change the apps abilities and add so much to it.

lilmuckers

For me I’d love to be able to turn explicit lyrics on and off in the car.

im usually driving with Children in the car - so my wife wouldn’t thank me for accidentally blasting Eminem at them…. But similarly when I’m mooching through town with my headphone - I want the cursing.

jsnake1

Status on this? Can we please get this support 😢

NielsKersic

Did they ever give a single good reason to not add Shortcut support? I know Spotify likes to stand up to Apple, but this is literally only hurting Spotify's own customers. If they'd like their user base to start considering alternative streaming platforms, this would be a good way to go about it...
This topic has been open for 4.5 years. We're asking to support an iOS 12 feature, when iOS 17 is literally about to be announced.

Visiting this forum always makes me mad, because people ask for basic features and only get a non-answer from Spotify if they get any answer at all. At least have the decency of giving us a real reason.  "We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance" yeah right. How much longer do we need to wait? 

DiegoCJ

Come on Spotify, stop ignoring your costumers!!!

I want to have a way to add a song to a playlist or delete the currently playing song from the current playlist while I drive!!!

Without shortcuts integration is impossible to have a good experience while driving!

Malfurion

how is the actuall status here ? i mean the idea is now 5 years old and not implemented yet every day when connecting my carplay i'm thinking about to cancel my spotify subscription and switch to apple musics because its a mess to get music playing automatically when the phone is connecting to carplay

TechRemarker

With most companies these days it comes down to wanting the company to do more shortcuts or allow x shortcut to do y. But with Spotify it's completely absent. I imagine the vote count could reach any number, and remain on here another decade but we still won't see support, because the current company leadership is deeply opposed to Apple, which is why we only see Apple tech adoption when absolutely necessary or they risk losing significant market share, vs other companies that embrace all of the features as soon as possible. This mostly boils down to Apple, like Google and others taking a cut out of their sales, which is why they are in constant legal batters. So in short, continue to share this with your friends and have them upvote this and other Apple specific features, but know chances are low.