Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Split Screen Support

It would be awesome if spotify could support the IOS 9 Multitask Split-Screen feature ...!!!

Updated on 2021-01-13

Hey there folks,

Thanks for bringing your ideas and votes to the Idea Exchange!

We're marking this as implemented, as multiple iOS devices now support Split View.

Cheers!

Comments
crfelici

Meredith / Spotify Team - PLEASE implement this feature. Your users are very interested in this feature, but Spotify doesn't seem to care? I was told by support to start a separate "Idea" since this one had been marked as "not right now" but I was just notified that Marco closed out my idea and is referring users to this defunct suggestion area.

What is the reasoning behind not supporting iPad functionality that is mature and has been around for 2 years? -Split View and Slide Over support

taylorcdixon

WHYYYY SPOTIFY

at this point you're just being lazy. Like everyone else on this thread i'm about ready to move to Apple Music. This feature isn't the biggest deal, but I honestly can't understand why you can't even be bothered to admit that this might be useful? I'm amazed at how many half-assed free apps support this, while spotify (one of the top apps on the app store?) "doesn't have plans to impliment it"!? I get that there are other things to work on, but why say that you don't even plan to do it?

Narakiwi

I just searched for this and see it been requested for YEARS! and it still hasn't been implemented??? Wow, spotify, just wow. Ipad pro ios 11 and I still can't split screen? . Smh. 

dods

On an iPad Pro running iOS 11, multitasking would be a HUGE benefit for both flyover and split views. Apple Music does a great job supporting this and I wish Spotify would to better interact with my other apps for quick interaction when I’m doing something else. 

xpchclt

I would really appreciate split screen functionality on the app! I am a music director and am often running Spotify, digital instruments, backing tracks, pdf viewer, and an app to control our mixer. App switching is clunky, and limits what we can do on the fly. Split screen would be really helpful. Please add this functionality!

bryce3713

I know it might not seem like a big deal to implement something like this but for gods sake it ruins the entire experience of using this app on my ipad. it is the most annoying thing to use spotify on my ipad because of the lack of this feature. there really is no excuse at this point

gujje

Please fix this asap, I've waited for this function over 2 years now!

Why is so hard to support?

Zegg

How about for premium members only?  Please reconsider. 

metajames

Seriously, it’s time to support this. Especially with all the multitasking features on iOS 11 and popularity of iPad Pros

Linnemann

It’s not possible to add votes. The section on the right is grayed out