Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Split Screen Support

It would be awesome if spotify could support the IOS 9 Multitask Split-Screen feature ...!!!

Updated on 2021-01-13

Hey there folks,

Thanks for bringing your ideas and votes to the Idea Exchange!

We're marking this as implemented, as multiple iOS devices now support Split View.

Cheers!

Comments
carpetfizz

Shocked this basic feature isn’t available yet. I’d encourage those affected to 1-star the iPad app to bring this issue to their attention.

cocomcgee

I feel like this is an essential feature. Please add this to your list of priorities: Spotify is an app that really really needs multitasking capabilities because I always use it while in other apps. It’s so unnecessary to have to switch back and forth between apps just to pick a song. 

B3rlingirl

I was also shocked that Spotify doesn’t support this basic feature! It is actually a must have for me as I am regularly using Spotify together with other apps... might have to look into Apple Music now... I don’t like apps that are not supported properly ! (this is nothing new in IOS11 so it should be implemented already )

Vvictormanuel

iOS 11 and 2018 and still not implemented? Wow, how busy creating false artists you must be. 

osukaru

Very sadly by spotify dev team to doesn't give any priority in this so BASIC feature for iPad & iOS11 users... time to switch to apple music?

Aukirk

Really disappointing (and odd) that there would be no plans to support multitasking.  A music app is made for the slide over or splitscreen, so that music can be adjusted when needed, while you work on something else....hopefully this will he added to the roadmap. 

Maikuirock

This ticket was brought up in 2015. Please reconsider adding Split View and multitasking for iPad. With Apples 2018 iPad iteration, This has been an integral part of the new iOS update and updated hardware capability.

xmiche650x

This is not good news. I NEED this feature in order to continue using Spotify. 

mcgrog

That is a massive disappointment to hear, the multitasking aspect is a major selling point of the ipad pro, shame your devs dont want to be current as this evolved with even more functionality as an ios 11 feature increasing capabilities of multitasking to three apps at a time, apple music can do it, i mean how convoluted can your app code be to be supported on virtually every platform but be unable to provide a few scalable views. fortunately apple music can do it 😉

mmhck

Not yet?!