Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Split Screen Support

It would be awesome if spotify could support the IOS 9 Multitask Split-Screen feature ...!!!

Updated on 2021-01-13

Hey there folks,

Thanks for bringing your ideas and votes to the Idea Exchange!

We're marking this as implemented, as multiple iOS devices now support Split View.

Cheers!

Comments
casiciaco

Hi,

this is lame.

Why I need my full iPadPro screen devoted to your application and cannot use the iPhone interface in the floating window?

Please, update. This may make many people to go to Apple Music. 

Zegg
Spotify doesn’t listen, doesn’t act. Doesn’t care.

Draw your own conclusions.
Redwoodtree

Anyone that’s tracking this should look at “implemented ideas”. Spotify lists all the approved ideas there. In 2018 there were only 16 or 17 implemented ideas, in the entire year. And how many ideas are there in this system ? 

I doubt anyone reads this comment so or cares. We are just pissing in the wind. 

Zegg
Spotify clearly wont entertain this feature.

I wouldn't mind if they said why, rather than just ignore the matter.
Moondog666

Apple Music managed to make this work. Spotify is useless to me without this function, so I will move over to Apple Music for now. 

robbarrie

I read yesterday on the Verge’s write up of iPadOS 13 that slideover and splitscreen will soon be mandatory for all iPad apps.

If that’s true – this issue could be solved within a couple of months.

However I would not put it past Spotify to just withdraw iPad support altogether...

fotojon

This is ridiculous!! Split view support isn’t something we should have to ask for, it should be one of the first things you implemented when this feature was first introduced. That’s how bread and butter it is... seriously get a grip Spotify!!

Zegg
Spotify have made it quite clear that Split Screen will not be implemented.

The only thing they understand is cancellation of Premium subscription.
gujje

Finally Spotify fixed this issue!

I’ve waited for this sooo long now. 

Maybe they where forced to fix this when iOS 13 is launching. If so, thank you Apple 😄

Carol64

They fixed it!!!!????? How do I get started!? I was sooo close to switching back to Apple Music. I guess I will go play on my iPad and see if I can figure out how to do it ....I haven’t tried it in ages...because it is the ONLY reason I need split screen. Thanks, Carol