[iPad] Bring back the old Layout with 2 Panels

Today the Ipad app was updated to change the layout to be the same as the Iphone app with the nav bar at the bottom. All i can say is why? Why would you do this? The Ipad app used to essentially use two halfs of the screen serepatly, the left side being the previouse pannel you were on and the right being the one you are on. This worked perfectly and meant you could swap between playlists and tracks easily and it meant there was NO wasted space.Image result for spotify ipad

This previouse layout was clearly designed for Ipad and worked perfectly and was very userfriendly so WHY WHY WHY would you change it to this: (attachment) 

Pretty much 80% of the screen is wasted blank space and there is no way to easily see what playlist you are playing. Basically each pannel seen in the image of the previous layout now fills the entire screen and you have to use a back arrow at the top left to go to other pannels. This NEEDS to change, it is not acceptable to change a perfectly good layout to one designed for a much smaller screen for seemingly no reason, the only update note is that they changed the layout to that of Iphones so this update was completely pointless and just ruined the layout. The nav bar being at the bottom is unnecissary, there was nothing wrong with it being at the side. Whats happened is a high up who has no idea about what people want or anything about thier own app have told thier team to bring out an update because one hasnt been out for a while even though thier is no need for one. 

I seriously hope more people get on Spotifys **bleep** about this because this needs to be changed because frankly it less userfriendly then the previouse layout and ugly AF.

Once again we see a software provider updating thier software for no good reason only to make things worse, these companies need to understand that thiers nothing wrong with leaving something the way it is. If it aint broke dont fix it! 

IMG_0068[1].PNG

Updated on 2017-11-09

Hey everyone, thanks for bringing us your feedback around the iPad Spotify app design. Right now we don't' have plans to bring back the previous layout with two panels. We will keep an eye on this idea should it continue to grow and we'll be bringing your feedback to the relevant teams here at Spotify. Thanks everyone!

Related Ideas

Comments
aallen29
Regular

Agree 100%- I signed up for the community just to comment on this. Can not for the light of me figure out why the IPad app was updated to mirror the IPhone version- lots of wasted space and much less clean navigation. Please revert to the prior version! 

Freaky_Ferrox
Regular

Design is nice!

I don't have an Ipad, but a Tablet and i think for PC and for Tablets it is really better!

Bring it back the old Layout for Ipad and other devices!

Babellebumskin
Regular

Puddingdwarf wrote:

Today the Ipad app was updated to change the layout to be the same as the Iphone app with the nav bar at the bottom. All i can say is why? Why would you do this? The Ipad app used to essentially use two halfs of the screen serepatly, the left side being the previouse pannel you were on and the right being the one you are on. This worked perfectly and meant you could swap between playlists and tracks easily and it meant there was NO wasted space.Image result for spotify ipad

This previouse layout was clearly designed for Ipad and worked perfectly and was very userfriendly so WHY WHY WHY would you change it to this: (attachment) 

Pretty much 80% of the screen is wasted blank space and there is no way to easily see what playlist you are playing. Basically each pannel seen in the image of the previous layout now fills the entire screen and you have to use a back arrow at the top left to go to other pannels. This NEEDS to change, it is not acceptable to change a perfectly good layout to one designed for a much smaller screen for seemingly no reason, the only update note is that they changed the layout to that of Iphones so this update was completely pointless and just ruined the layout. The nav bar being at the bottom is unnecissary, there was nothing wrong with it being at the side. Whats happened is a high up who has no idea about what people want or anything about thier own app have told thier team to bring out an update because one hasnt been out for a while even though thier is no need for one. 

I seriously hope more people get on Spotifys **bleep** about this because this needs to be changed because frankly it less userfriendly then the previouse layout and ugly AF.

Once again we see a software provider updating thier software for no good reason only to make things worse, these companies need to understand that thiers nothing wrong with leaving something the way it is. If it aint broke dont fix it! 

I completely agree. This is just sheer laziness/stupidity on the part of Spotify. The previous app for iPad was superior in every way and was one of the best user experiences but now is just plain annoying to use.

Puddingdwarf wrote:

Grajek
Regular
I do not care anymore, I moved to Apple Music, same price, family option,
Android support, very nice layout across different devices, yet the same
concept.
Alwib
Regular

Couldn't agree more.

Community Legend

Yes, I agree.

You shouldn't modify UI to be 'consistent' accross operating systems, you should make it consistent with the operating system and the device.

The UI for Spotify on iPhone, iPad and Android shouldn't be similar - they all have very different UI styles and guidelines.

This was working perfectly before, but now you've gone and ruined it. I don't understand why you'd change it for the worse.

Liam

sinzone540
Regular

in hope that you'll fix that, i write here too. the new app is just ugly and buggy. and worst, you totally destroyed the usability we loved. please bring it back! nobody will miss the new piece of **bleep**.

bigunzzz
Garage Band

What happened? Is there just not an ipad app anymore, just the iphone app?

I agree it looks stupid, but I've always been more bothered by the fact it never had all the basic functionality of the regular desktop app. Like playlist folders, the skip back and forth buttons, the time and scrubbing bar thing, and now podasts are only on desktop, etc. 

If it just had all the basic functions, it could look like garbage and I would still be happy. 

Ejheeres
Regular

O a positive note, the ipad app seems to now have the queue available on it. But the layout is still bad. Please bring that back.

diego94
Concert Regular

I completely agree, the new design is impractical and wastes lots of space. iPads and iPhones are different devices and should be treated as such.