Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Forum Posts

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Option to disable or hide podcasts entirely

I don't listen to podcasts and don't intend to. But it currently takes up valuable space in both the Spotify mobile app and also in Android Auto. It's annoying having to see podcasts all the time when I don't care for them and don't want to see them....

• Casual Listener
  • I don't listen to podcasts and don't intend to. But it currently takes up valuable space in both the Spotify mobile app and also in Android Auto. It's annoying having to see podcasts all the time whe...
  • FUC4
  • 1548 comments
  • 7654 likes
  • All Platforms
    Podcasts
  • Under Consideration
  • 1548 comments
  • 7654 votes

[All Platforms] Option to have a true shuffle

So I’ve been noticing more and more recently that Spotify’s default shuffle feature doesn’t fully shuffle your songs. It does some sort of grouping to try to get similar songs together based off of what I’m sure is dozens of factors. Every time I shu...

• Casual Listener
  • So I’ve been noticing more and more recently that Spotify’s default shuffle feature doesn’t fully shuffle your songs. It does some sort of grouping to try to get similar songs together based off of w...
  • 1262 comments
  • 3537 likes
  • All Platforms
  • Live Idea
  • 1262 comments
  • 3537 votes

[All Platforms][Music] HiFi Quality - Lossless Streaming 16bit 44.1khz

I've just started a trial of Qobuz - they offer the standard 320kbps as well as lossless FLAC streaming (and high res downloads if you purchase them) the sound quality is noticeably better and on classical it's just wonderful to get all that resoluti...

• Community Legend
  • I've just started a trial of Qobuz - they offer the standard 320kbps as well as lossless FLAC streaming (and high res downloads if you purchase them) the sound quality is noticeably better and on cla...
  • j-e
  • Regular
  • 5000 comments
  • 26854 likes
  • All Platforms
    Playlists
  • Under Consideration
  • 5000 comments
  • 26854 votes

[All Platforms][Music] Remove items from Recently Played history

I would also like it if we had the option to remove our recently played history because sometimes I would listen to someone's playlist, an artist, or one of my own playlists by accident and I don't really listen to the playlist or artist anymore or I...

• Music Fan
  • I would also like it if we had the option to remove our recently played history because sometimes I would listen to someone's playlist, an artist, or one of my own playlists by accident and I don't r...
  • Vlade
  • Casual Listener
  • 366 comments
  • 3942 likes
  • All Platforms
    music
  • Live Idea
  • 366 comments
  • 3942 votes

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it b...

SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG
  • Casual Listener
  • This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrel...
  • Baptchef
  • 1302 comments
  • 14226 likes
  • All Platforms
    Browse
  • Not Right Now
  • 1302 comments
  • 14226 votes

Discovery level in personalized playlists

I would love to have a Discovery level option on Spotify. Currently most of the songs on Daily Mixes or Autoplay are songs that I already liked. This is great but sometimes I am under the impression that the same songs are always shown to me and I wi...

• Casual Listener
  • I would love to have a Discovery level option on Spotify. Currently most of the songs on Daily Mixes or Autoplay are songs that I already liked. This is great but sometimes I am under the impressio...
  • bookwormash33
  • 5 comments
  • 62 likes
  • All Platforms
  • Live Idea
  • 5 comments
  • 62 votes

Setting to prefer original (explicit) content over clean alternatives (and vice versa)

Issue While listening to music, especially when listening to through Autoplay after an album, through Discover, Daily Mixes or automatically generated playlists, Spotify often plays the "clean" edits of songs that have their original version tagged a...

• Casual Listener
  • Issue While listening to music, especially when listening to through Autoplay after an album, through Discover, Daily Mixes or automatically generated playlists, Spotify often plays the "clean" edi...
  • BabyEcho0_YT_SP
  • Roadie
  • 35 comments
  • 506 likes
  • All Platforms
  • Good Suggestion
  • 35 comments
  • 506 votes

[All Platforms][Your Library] Change Folder Image

Hello, I recently found out about folders again on Spotify! It's such a great feature to organize my 50+ playlists that have either been made myself, made by others, or made by Spotify. Another great feature is changing the playlist picture on deskto...

pink.jpg monthly.jpg folders.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • Hello, I recently found out about folders again on Spotify! It's such a great feature to organize my 50+ playlists that have either been made myself, made by others, or made by Spotify. Another great...
  • Harlequin_9
  • 159 comments
  • 3371 likes
  • All Platforms
    Your Library
  • Not Right Now
  • 159 comments
  • 3371 votes

[All Platforms] Changelog after each Update (In-App)

With each new update, no matter what gets added or taken away, there is a curious lack of accountability from the actual staff, and the (paying) userbase are left confused. Why can we not drag from iTunes into our playlists anymore? Why can we not or...

• Roadie
  • With each new update, no matter what gets added or taken away, there is a curious lack of accountability from the actual staff, and the (paying) userbase are left confused.   Why can we not ...
  • mariehansen
  • Regular
  • 112 comments
  • 2089 likes
  • All Platforms
    Other
  • Not Right Now
  • 112 comments
  • 2089 votes

[All Platforms] Allow “hide song” function to sync across ALL devices and ALL playlists

I often use my iPad, via mobile hotspot, as a “remote control” for the Spotify app running on my iPhone (which has the data plan). This allows me to switch tracks, like music, etc. while working on the iPad without having to use my limited mobile hot...

• Music Fan
  • I often use my iPad, via mobile hotspot, as a “remote control” for the Spotify app running on my iPhone (which has the data plan). This allows me to switch tracks, like music, etc. while working on t...
  • Rambrose11
  • Casual Listener
  • 123 comments
  • 1177 likes
  • All Platforms
  • Good Suggestion
  • 123 comments
  • 1177 votes

[All Platforms] Block / disallow suggestions for certain content

The last 8 times I've opened Spotify I've been greeted by a big waiting Bible podcast recommendation sat there. I get the hint Spotify, but stop. It was cool the first time. It was boring the second. And it is in fact so annoying by the 8th time that...

• Casual Listener
  • The last 8 times I've opened Spotify I've been greeted by a big waiting Bible podcast recommendation sat there. I get the hint Spotify, but stop. It was cool the first time. It was boring the second....
  • CJWhitman
  • Regular
  • 89 comments
  • 769 likes
  • All Platforms
    Other
  • Not Right Now
  • 89 comments
  • 769 votes

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Podcasts folders

I would like to see the ability to put whole podcast shows into folders to be able to organise them better. the same way you can do with episodes or music albums.

• Casual Listener
  • I would like to see the ability to put whole podcast shows into folders to be able to organise them better. the same way you can do with episodes or music albums.
  • Edwasand
  • 24 comments
  • 418 likes
  • All Platforms
    Podcasts
  • Good Suggestion
  • 24 comments
  • 418 votes

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Add Podcasts from RSS URL, for Patreon and other Private Private Streams

There have been a few similar posts, and the most recent one was ~5 votes from passing, so I'm going to try submitting this again. Wouldn't it be amazing if you could add a podcast to your feed from an RSS URL? Did you sign up for a patreon and not k...

• Casual Listener
  • There have been a few similar posts, and the most recent one was ~5 votes from passing, so I'm going to try submitting this again.   Wouldn't it be amazing if you could add a podcast to your f...
  • wcahall
  • 101 comments
  • 1065 likes
  • All Platforms
    Podcasts
  • Not Right Now
  • 101 comments
  • 1065 votes

[Playlists] Public Playlist Folders

Hi! I've seen this idea being thrown around before but often closed/inactive, so I thought I'd give it another go. (see here) The folders feature has been around for quite some time now, and I love the idea of being able to organise my playlists as I...

Capture.PNG
  • Regular
  • ...or quite some time now, and I love the idea of being able to organise my playlists as I do have more than 80 saved (lol).   However, having the folders public to followers would: 1. i...
  • LourencoM
  • Regular
  • 75 comments
  • 663 likes
  • All Platforms
    Playlists
  • Live Idea
  • 75 comments
  • 663 votes

[All Platforms][Other] Make Canvas available worldwide

Please consider launching Canvas in all countries Spotify operates in. We feel left out!

• Visitor
  • Please consider launching Canvas in all countries Spotify operates in. We feel left out! 😞 
  • CrabbyPlayzyt
  • Casual Listener
  • 78 comments
  • 533 likes
  • All Platforms
    Other
  • Not Right Now
  • 78 comments
  • 533 votes

[All Platforms][Other] Time to feature Dolby Atmos

I can do that very briefly. Don't let Tidal overtake you. Tidal now supports Dolby Atmos. I am a musician and work as a sound engineer. Atmos and similar formats are now gaining more and more interest. That is why Tidal now has a corresponding offer....

• Casual Listener
  • I can do that very briefly. Don't let Tidal overtake you. Tidal now supports Dolby Atmos. I am a musician and work as a sound engineer. Atmos and similar formats are now gaining more and more interes...
  • Bushwickz
  • Casual Listener
  • 134 comments
  • 1980 likes
  • All Platforms
    Other
  • Live Idea
  • 134 comments
  • 1980 votes

[All Platforms] Consolidate duplicates

It would be nice if Spotify can recognize identical songs to avoid duplicates in your Liked songs and playlists. This is pretty common for songs released first as a single then within an album. For example, if you like the single one, the UI will not...

• Casual Listener
  • It would be nice if Spotify can recognize identical songs to avoid duplicates in your Liked songs and playlists.   This is pretty common for songs released first as a single then within an a...
  • hiro64
  • 146 comments
  • 471 likes
  • All Platforms
  • Not Right Now
  • 146 comments
  • 471 votes

[All Platforms] "Don't Like Button" should be added to all sections

Hello everyone, I am not sure why it keeps changing between updates, although in the past Daily Mixes have the Like & Dislike button. But this time around it has been completely removed and is only available Under Your Weekly Discovery. It would be n...

• Regular
  • Hello everyone,   I am not sure why it keeps changing between updates, although in the past Daily Mixes have the Like & Dislike button. But this time around it has been completely removed ...
  • ibigfire
  • 395 comments
  • 5321 likes
  • All Platforms
    Other
  • Good idea, vote for it
  • 395 comments
  • 5321 votes

[All Platforms][Other] 2-Factor Authentication

Spotify should, as a matter of good practice and safety, implement 2-step authentication. Previously, Spotify enabled the option to log out other sessions other than the current session. This would prevent hackers from stealing accounts, which would ...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify should, as a matter of good practice and safety, implement 2-step authentication.   Previously, Spotify enabled the option to log out other sessions other than the current sessi...
  • michalplis
  • Casual Listener
  • 784 comments
  • 8447 likes
  • All Platforms
    Other
  • Under Consideration
  • 784 comments
  • 8447 votes

[Your Music] Creating "Collections" of Albums

I have an idea that could make using Spotify better for people who put a lot of effort into managing their music libraries (and for everyone else as well). Collections menu in Your Library The idea is simple: Being able to create collections or lists...

collections_01.png collections_02.png collections_03.png collections_04.png
  • Casual Listener
  • I have an idea that could make using Spotify better for people who put a lot of effort into managing their music libraries (and for everyone else as well).   Collections menu in Your Library...
  • carlosgoyeneche
  • Casual Listener
  • 342 comments
  • 1852 likes
  • All Platforms
    Your Music
  • Not Right Now
  • 342 comments
  • 1852 votes