Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Forum Posts

Allow removal of specific recently played items (playlists, albums) from home screen

Sometimes a user will try out a variety of podcasts and decide that they don't want to listen to them in the future. The "episodes for you", "your shows", "jump back in" and "recently played" features cause these podcasts to stick around and are not ...

• Casual Listener
  • Sometimes a user will try out a variety of podcasts and decide that they don't want to listen to them in the future. The "episodes for you", "your shows", "jump back in" and "recently played" feature...
  • 0 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 0 votes

Stop excluding non-native speakers!

Hello,I speak for international students, expats, tourists, and American citizens who live in Germany and the Netherlands.Spotify refuses to communicate with us in English! There's no way in h*ll to change the location or language settings to "Englis...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I speak for international students, expats, tourists, and American citizens who live in Germany and the Netherlands. Spotify refuses to communicate with us in English! There's no way in h*ll...
  • 0 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 0 votes

Replace or Relocate 'Remove Recommendation' Button

Currently, users of Spotify would have built quite a bit of muscle memory around the like button (now + button) as seen on the screenshot below. However, using 'Smart Shuffle' the current functionality is to replace the Like button for a 'Remove Reco...

SX10_0-1713365158561.png SX10_0-1713365578703.png SX10_1-1713365247341.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Currently, users of Spotify would have built quite a bit of muscle memory around the like button (now + button) as seen on the screenshot below.   However, using 'Smart Shuffle' the cu...
  • 0 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 0 votes

Timer in Spotify Windows app

I would like to have the same Timer in the Spotify Windows app as in the mobile Android app. Purpose is to listen to a song and then be able to make sure the play ends after the song (Timer: end of the song). It's an added value to listen to music pe...

• Casual Listener
  • I would like to have the same Timer in the Spotify Windows app as in the mobile Android app. Purpose is to listen to a song and then be able to make sure the play ends after the song (Timer: end of t...
  • 0 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 0 votes

Add to playlist sort.

I like to add songs to my playlists but with the way adding them I need to find the playlist that I want to add. I have so many playlists with different genres. I prefer the playlist shown to add songs to them is sorted alphabetically so I can add th...

• Casual Listener
  • I like to add songs to my playlists but with the way adding them I need to find the playlist that I want to add. I have so many playlists with different genres.   I prefer the playlist shown t...
  • 0 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 0 votes

[All Platforms][Music] Clear Recently Played items and completely disable listening history

Other ideas for removing recently played items have already been posted, but I haven't seen so far someone requesting also an option to completely disable listening history, so I'm posting this as a new idea. Plus I'm posting a visual representation ...

spotify-listening-history-01.png spotify-listening-history-02.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Other ideas for removing recently played items have already been posted, but I haven't seen so far someone requesting also an option to completely disable listening history, so I'm posting this as a ...
  • 0 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 0 votes

Sequence music

Be able to sequence and block part of your music.For example, on a 3-minute piece of music, you love the 31st second to the 58th second. You'd need to be able to lock the music to this loop and listen to your favorite part over and over again.

• Casual Listener
  • Be able to sequence and block part of your music. For example, on a 3-minute piece of music, you love the 31st second to the 58th second. You'd need to be able to lock the music to this loop and lis...
  • 0 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 0 votes

Love, Like, OK

You ever added a great song to your playlist then realised, you LIKE it, but you don't LOVE it? So what to do when you want to keep that song in your playlist but have it play on shuffle less often than others? How about an option to rate songs which...

• Casual Listener
  • You ever added a great song to your playlist then realised, you LIKE it, but you don't LOVE it? So what to do when you want to keep that song in your playlist but have it play on shuffle less often t...
  • 0 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 0 votes

"discovered on" API endpoint

Currently there's no public API for accessing "Discovered on" for bands, but that contains a significant user-inputted data source when exploring music via API. There are at least two threads opened about it in the community discussion:https://commun...

• Casual Listener
  • Currently there's no public API for accessing "Discovered on" for bands, but that contains a significant user-inputted data source when exploring music via API.   There are at least two t...
  • 0 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 0 votes

Playback customization for individual playlists.

Switching playback settings like the fade and EQ can be inconvenient. Having individual personal playlists with its own EQ and fade makes sense for the playlist creator. Think of classical playlists with its own eq and hip-hop.

• Casual Listener
  • Switching playback settings like the fade and EQ can be inconvenient. Having individual personal playlists with its own EQ and fade makes sense for the playlist creator. Think of classical playlists ...
  • 0 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 0 votes

DJ MODE

Add a DJ mode where you can play a song through a speaker and a song through your phone at the same time. To make sure you know what song you’re gonna play next.

• Casual Listener
  • Add a DJ mode where you can play a song through a speaker and a song through your phone at the same time. To make sure you know what song you’re gonna play next. 
  • 0 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 0 votes

Add Button "Clear Playlist"

Please add a button to clear a Playlist with only one click. Background for this wish: We often store the Playlists in a via Spotify Connect linked device. To simply change what we want to here we just change the content of the Playlist instead of st...

• Casual Listener
  • Please add a button to clear a Playlist with only one click.   Background for this wish: We often store the Playlists in a via Spotify Connect linked device. To simply change what we want to h...
  • 0 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 0 votes

Switching back to the old design, because using the new one stresses me out.

I can not find anything anymore, everything is hidden even on desktop, why? The first rule of UX design is don't make the users think....... I can't find anything in my library because everything is smashed to the left, I can't find any specific song...

• Casual Listener
  • I can not find anything anymore, everything is hidden even on desktop, why? The first rule of UX design is don't make the users think....... I can't find anything in my library because everything is ...
  • mxq
  • 1 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 1 comments
  • 0 votes

Privacy and Social Media. Option to manually choose recent artists and songs on the profile.

Hello Spotify team and users who are viewing, how are you? I hope you're doing well.The reason for my contact is to ask for improvements in the "Privacy & Social Networks" option, improvements in the "Are you listening" options (show what I listen to...

• Casual Listener
  • ...mprovements in the "Are you listening" options (show what I listen to on Spotify to those who follow me), "Recently played artists" (show my recently played artists on my public profile) These two options a...
  • 0 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 0 votes

Custom Playlist Order on Profile - Drag and Drop

Be able to choose the order your playlists are displayed on your profile. Drag and drop (like with pinterest boards) so you can have your favourite playlists that you want people to see easily at the top of your public profile.

• Regular
  • ...ee easily at the top of your public profile.
  • 0 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 0 votes

Bring back regular shuffle for non-premium users

This new thing, where regular shuffling is no longer offered to non-premium users, is garbage. Even if I were to get premium, (which is/was my plan) that is still ridiculous and unnecessary. Like leave my playlists alone, Spotify.

• Casual Listener
  • This new thing, where regular shuffling is no longer offered to non-premium users, is garbage. Even if I were to get premium, (which is/was my plan) that is still ridiculous and unnecessary. Like lea...
  • 0 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 0 votes

AI playlist helper

Search for "playlist featuring x, y, z bands" and get suggestions that are more closely tailored to exactly what you're looking for. Feels like a need I didn't know I had tbh.

• Casual Listener
  • Search for "playlist featuring x, y, z bands" and get suggestions that are more closely tailored to exactly what you're looking for. Feels like a need I didn't know I had tbh.
  • 0 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 0 votes

Queue length

I think it would be helpful to be able to see how long your queue is. Including a number at the top that both lists the amount of songs that you have queued, and how long it will last in hours and minutes.

• Casual Listener
  • I think it would be helpful to be able to see how long your queue is. Including a number at the top that both lists the amount of songs that you have queued, and how long it will last in hours and mi...
  • 0 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 0 votes

Songs identifier

Give us the opportunity to paste links in the search box to identify songs in it.

• Casual Listener
  • Give us the opportunity to paste links in the search box to identify songs in it.
  • 0 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 0 votes