Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Forum Posts

Remove the new “Resuming (insert playlist/ song here)“ feature

The feature is not only annoying it’s broken and if you search on Reddit about the new feature you will see it’s very unpopular and I’m not the only one with this complaint. When you resume playing from Spotify in a car, it has a 3-second A.I. voice ...

• Casual Listener
  • The feature is not only annoying it’s broken and if you search on Reddit about the new feature you will see it’s very unpopular and I’m not the only one with this complaint.  When you resume pl...
  • Hottfuzzy
  • 14 comments
  • 51 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 14 comments
  • 51 votes

RETURN THE LIKE BUTTON

I don't care if this has been submitted a hundred times over, you Spotify devs clearly need to hear it. You should *not* have to go through the effort of finding the "liked songs" playlist, just to add a song to Liked, when you have a ton of playlist...

• Gig Goer
  • I don't care if this has been submitted a hundred times over, you Spotify devs clearly need to hear it. You should *not* have to go through the effort of finding the "liked songs" playlist, just to a...
  • PurpleFan
  • Roadie
  • 84 comments
  • 682 likes
  • Good Suggestion
  • 84 comments
  • 682 votes

Click album art to go to song in playlist

It used to be functionality that if you clicked on album art (in bottom left corner or in Now Playing window) it would open the current playlist showing the currently playing track. This no longer works. Please bring it back as it is really time-cons...

• Casual Listener
  • It used to be functionality that if you clicked on album art (in bottom left corner or in Now Playing window) it would open the current playlist showing the currently playing track. This no longer wo...
  • aaronvdb
  • 32 comments
  • 145 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 32 comments
  • 145 votes

Allow blocking songs in certain languages.

Hey!I'm Ukrainan and get a lot of song in russian in my recommendations. I'd like to able to filter songs that I get into my playlists. I would highly appreciate this option

• Casual Listener
  • Hey! I'm Ukrainan and get a lot of song in russian in my recommendations. I'd like to able to filter songs that I get into my playlists. I would highly appreciate this option
  • ひり-Gone
  • 1 comments
  • 6 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 1 comments
  • 6 votes

Desktop skins/visualizers- like old Windows Media Player

I was listening to an album on the old version of Media Player and it reminded me of a forgotten era of UI design. The psychedelic graphic visualizers that played during songs were always so fun to look at, it's kind of embarrassing but sometimes I'd...

• Casual Listener
  • I was listening to an album on the old version of Media Player and it reminded me of a forgotten era of UI design. The psychedelic graphic visualizers that played during songs were always so fun to l...
  • ひり-Gone
  • 4 comments
  • 61 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 4 comments
  • 61 votes

Add ability to like current song from player window on lock screen

When hearing a new song that we like, it would be great to be able to like it from the player on the phone lock screen instead of having to return to the app.

• Casual Listener
  • When hearing a new song that we like, it would be great to be able to like it from the player on the phone lock screen instead of having to return to the app.
  • Gravityfx
  • 1 comments
  • 2 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 1 comments
  • 2 votes

Blocked Accounts Tab/ reimagining “blocked accounts”

Spotify needs to implement a “blocked accounts” tab in settings - allowing users who block an account to stop BOTH PARTIES from seeing the other’s account! in Spotify’s current system, if someone else were to block me, I can no longer see their profi...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify needs to implement a “blocked accounts” tab in settings - allowing users who block an account to stop BOTH PARTIES from seeing the other’s account!   in Spotify’s current system, if so...
  • Not applicable
  • 4 comments
  • 7 likes
  • 4 comments
  • 7 votes

Add artist to playlist

Allow user to add an artist to a playlist. This would allow the playlist to shuffle between any and all music by any artist within the playlist. This would also include any newly added music that wasn't specifically added to a playlist. The user shou...

• Casual Listener
  • Allow user to add an artist to a playlist. This would allow the playlist to shuffle between any and all music by any artist within the playlist. This would also include any newly added music that was...
  • 0 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 0 votes

Remove "smart shuffle" entirely.

Even while hating it from the introduction and never purposely selecting it I continue to find my playlist on "smart shuffle" ... If I want to listen to songs not on my playlist I would. I have found smart shuffle settings to be not saved because I k...

• Casual Listener
  • Even while hating it from the introduction and never purposely selecting it I continue to find my playlist on "smart shuffle" ... If I want to listen to songs not on my playlist I would. I have found...
  • Thepotatostate
  • 7 comments
  • 60 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 7 comments
  • 60 votes

[iOS] Implement Native HomePod Support

DetailsJust this week at WWDC (June 22, 2020), Apple announced support for third party music services on the HomePod. I'm requesting that Spotify implement native support for the HomePod such that one or even multiple HomePods will appear in the "Con...

• Casual Listener
  • Details Just this week at WWDC (June 22, 2020), Apple announced support for third party music services on the HomePod.  I'm requesting that Spotify implement native support for the HomePod such...
  • thatitnerd
  • 1804 comments
  • 6739 likes
  • iOS
  • Live Idea
  • 1804 comments
  • 6739 votes

[All Platforms][Music] HiFi Quality - Lossless Streaming 16bit 44.1khz

I've just started a trial of Qobuz - they offer the standard 320kbps as well as lossless FLAC streaming (and high res downloads if you purchase them) the sound quality is noticeably better and on classical it's just wonderful to get all that resoluti...

• Community Legend
  • I've just started a trial of Qobuz - they offer the standard 320kbps as well as lossless FLAC streaming (and high res downloads if you purchase them) the sound quality is noticeably better and on cla...
  • j-e
  • Regular
  • 5000 comments
  • 26853 likes
  • All Platforms
    Playlists
  • Under Consideration
  • 5000 comments
  • 26853 votes

add option to let the song play through when timer is up

when the timer is up, don’t fade out the song, instead let it play until the end. this could be a setting so the fade is still available.

• Casual Listener
  • when the timer is up, don’t fade out the song, instead let it play until the end. this could be a setting so the fade is still available. 
  • 0 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 0 votes

Roll out updates globally

As a developer myself I know how hard and cumbersome it can be to roll out updates but the feature disparity between different countries is insane. It cannot be that the Spotify DJ has been out for over a year and only a couple of countries have it o...

• Casual Listener
  • As a developer myself I know how hard and cumbersome it can be to roll out updates but the feature disparity between different countries is insane. It cannot be that the Spotify DJ has been out for o...
  • 0 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 0 votes

Download Custom Podcasts

I want to include custom podcasts from ListenLater.net. Why? Oh why not, Spotify??!! -SM-

• Casual Listener
  • I want to include custom podcasts from ListenLater.net.   Why?  Oh why not, Spotify??!!   -SM-
  • 0 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 0 votes

Send songs from within the app

when we want to send a song! we copy it then paste it and send it as a message so i have an idea about this topic a program where we can share our songs with our friends within the application.**bleep**

• Casual Listener
  • when we want to send a song! we copy it then paste it and send it as a message so i have an idea about this topic a program where we can share our songs with our friends within the application.*...
  • 0 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 0 votes

User made subtitles and rating system

Subtitles your company provide are often missing from lesser known songs and can be incorrect when they are present, so as a way to remedy this you could allow users to post subtitles with timestamps for each line/bar/lyric and alongside that have a ...

• Casual Listener
  • Subtitles your company provide are often missing from lesser known songs and can be incorrect when they are present, so as a way to remedy this you could allow users to post subtitles with timestamps...
  • 0 comments
  • 1 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 1 votes

A PLAYLIST THAT CAN SAVE LIFES/UNA PLAYLIST QUE PUEDE SALVAR VIDAS

ACCORDING TO RECENT STUDIES, TO DO CPR (THE RESUSCITATIONS THAT ARE PERFORMED, TO REACTIVATE THE HEART) YOU NEED TO HAVE A SPECIFIC RHYTHM, YOU CAN ACHIEVE THIS RHYTHM WITH A SONG AS THIS NEWS INDICATES Taylor Swift’s music could be used to save live...

• Casual Listener
  • ACCORDING TO RECENT STUDIES, TO DO CPR (THE RESUSCITATIONS THAT ARE PERFORMED, TO REACTIVATE THE HEART) YOU NEED TO HAVE A SPECIFIC RHYTHM, YOU CAN ACHIEVE THIS RHYTHM WITH A SONG AS THIS NEWS INDICA...
  • 0 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 0 votes

Sort in "Liked Songs by "

When I click an artist's name, I see "Liked Songs" with the number of songs I've liked by that artist. When I click "You've like ___ songs" I'd like that resulting list to be sortable. I can see the columns for #, Title, Album, and Time, but I'd like...

• Casual Listener
  • When I click an artist's name, I see "Liked Songs" with the number of songs I've liked by that artist.  When I click "You've like ___ songs" I'd like that resulting list to be sortable.  I ...
  • 0 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 0 votes

Background Theme

Please provide us with a choice to change the current black theme to a light background theme

• Casual Listener
  • Please provide us with a choice to change the current black theme to a light background theme  
  • 0 comments
  • 2 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 2 votes

Allow removal of specific recently played items (playlists, albums) from home screen

Sometimes a user will try out a variety of podcasts and decide that they don't want to listen to them in the future. The "episodes for you", "your shows", "jump back in" and "recently played" features cause these podcasts to stick around and are not ...

• Casual Listener
  • Sometimes a user will try out a variety of podcasts and decide that they don't want to listen to them in the future. The "episodes for you", "your shows", "jump back in" and "recently played" feature...
  • 0 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Live Idea
  • 0 comments
  • 0 votes