"Ban" artist from radio

I'd very much like to be able to mark an artist as "Never play songs from this artist".

It really subtracts from the radio feature that i get some artists over and over again, no matter how much i thumb them down. Some artists i just NEVER!!! want to appear on my radios, i mean every damned thing that artist has ever done and ever will do, solo, in a band or whatever else thinkable way they could could possibly create music.

Yes, i truly, truly dislike Rihannas music.

Updated: 2016-11-29

Hey everyone, as this idea hasn't had an update in a while, we wanted to reassure you again that we think this is a good idea. If we have any news about something like this would be implemented we will let you know here first. 

Of course please continue to leave your comments and kudos here as we are bringing this back to internal teams. Thanks!

Related Ideas

Comments
Top Star
Top Star
Status changed to: New Idea

I've edited the ideas title and added "from radio" to make it clear that it's different from blocking/hiding artists in a playlist which has been suggested here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Block-Hide-Blacklist-tracks-or-artists/idi-p/22389

This idea will reflect only the request for an option to "ban" an artist from radio
zenace33
Music Fan

Agreed!  I'm sick of Bon Iver's horrible music popping up!  :)

greggh
Gig Goer

This really needs to be added. There are so many "artists" today that are not actually artists or musicians. I would like to be able to block them from ever showing up anywhere, ke$ha especially.

Community Legend

+1 from me!

Would love to see this implemented.

Peter

steveOU3000
Festival VIP

This info about which artists we HATE could also help Spotify personalize their recommendations to their users.

zebbhovden
Regular

I would like to be able to ban artists from my spotify all-together, because they pop up in other peoples playlists all the time, and i dont even wanna be able to see Justin Bieber og Kesha anymore or hear them.

The block should be as it is on facebook. :)

tymonb
Regular

Yes! This is a great idea, PLEASE implement!

Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

QueenMichael
Gig Goer

I definitely agree. This way, I could get rid of tons of horrible workout remixes of songs I like.

Dutcher
Regular

AGREED!! x10

Tired of Emmure popping up on my radio station screaming profanity in my face with every other word they say. Garbage band.

Maybe we'll have to take this to another level and personally email Spotify support, or write a hand written letter (that seems to get the job done these days) for something to be done about this?

Thanks Spotify