Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files won't sync with IOS6

Solved!

Local files won't sync with IOS6

I've tried everything I know to do to get my local files to sync with my Iphone 5. Never had a problem with the exact same files with the previous version of the software and iPhone. Any update coming to solve this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey I too have spent the majority of yesterday and today trying to get my local files to sync. I don't know if all of these steps are realted, but give them a try because it worked for me.

I have Spotify open. So I turned on Personal Hotspot, and then connected my iphone to the computer via usb. The computer should take up this connection. Next I hit file>new playlist, and BAM, my iphone appeared under devices. This might have just been a glitch for me but you never know. Hope it works!

View solution in original post

11 Replies

same problem here

I cleared the playlist and add it again, some files succeded and some non ..

Marked as solution

Hey I too have spent the majority of yesterday and today trying to get my local files to sync. I don't know if all of these steps are realted, but give them a try because it worked for me.

I have Spotify open. So I turned on Personal Hotspot, and then connected my iphone to the computer via usb. The computer should take up this connection. Next I hit file>new playlist, and BAM, my iphone appeared under devices. This might have just been a glitch for me but you never know. Hope it works!

Same. If I select a local file on Spotify on my laptop, and star it, a message pops up on my 64gb iphone 5 saying "OFFLINE PLAYLISTS You have reached the maximum number of tracks that can be made available offline. To get the pending tracks you must first deselect another playlist." Sounds contradictatory at first, interchangeably using the words playlist and tracks, but seems my phone is at the 3,333 limit for tracks from the Spotify catalogue but is also applying that 3,333 limit to local files as well as Spotify catalogue files. The track is definitely one that's only available locally that isn't in the Spotify catalogue - a Moloko track. All the tracks that are local files throughout my various playlists are greyed out on my phone and can't be synced. 

Repeating all the above steps on an iphone 4 on ios6 works as expected. 

Hopefully this issue with the iphone 5 will be fixed very soon! 

I would just like to say a MASSIVE thankyou to NoiselessEagle. After the combined might of the Spotify customer support, this guy fixed my problem after 3 months of nothing. Sir, i tip my hat to you. If ever you come round my neck of the woods, your drink is on me! 

I cant belive that Sptify can have that as solution for everyone. I have Ipad 2 and an android phone none of the have my local files synced. Im tired of this really, we expect better customer service. Its not like we are not paying for this.

Same here! 🙂 It works! Though I'm not really exited that I might have to do it this way for a while, but at least it works. Drinks on me too!

This worked for me on iPad2:

while connected to computer with spotify launched,

on the iPad hilight /select playlist want to sync for offline,

4 icons appear next to playlist name, select the arrow in a circle - download playlist

*)*

This absolutely worked for me! How strange, I turned on personal hotspot - connecting my laptop to it and all my local files synced?! Great!

Thanks

I have an iPhone 4 without a capability to hotspot, is there a solution for me?

I can't make a hotspot, how do you suggest I continue?

thanks so much i was ready to kill someone but your fix has worked. thank you

Suggested posts