10000 songs?

10000 songs?

_Boognish_
Casual Listener

ls this how many songs you can have a check by? l like many different types of music and like a large random 'playlst'. l want moar songs! :\ (raise teh F'n limit plz!}

8 Replies

Re: 10000 songs?

LAWRENCELLC
Regular
I agree. especially with the addition of GROOVE music.You still want to have the ability to download new playlists.

_Boognish_
Casual Listener

l dont  even care abt D/ling them, l just wanna add them 2 teh 'super random playlist...  :-}

coalminecanary
Roadie

no, i believe the 9,999 song limit is for the number of tracks you download to a total of 3 devices. its 3,333 on each device. you download a song or album so you can listen to it offline. when you are online, you are streaming the songs, and you get unlimited streams on the premium package. you can follow as many artists as you like, and you can make lots and lots of playlists, and you can follow all the playlists you want. once you download a song onto a device, you can listen to it as many times as you like, in places with no wi-fi. this is useful if you use a device as a portable music player. there is the option to use cellular data, to stream songs while in places with no wi-fi but this would have an extra cost with your cellular company depending on how much they charge you for data transfer.

*edit* I also had it clarified for me this morning that once you have 3,333 songs on a device, you can delete one or more tracks anytime and you get the space back to download replacement tracks. so if you delete 10 songs you can download another 10 songs. you can do this whenever you like, as often as you like so the 3,333 downloaded songs isnt much of a restriction.

hope this clarifies it a bit for you. if you need to know more please read the user agreement.

lastlivngcowboy
Regular

This idea i think has been diluted because it appears many different places.  I STRONGLY agree and am attaching a link to the most popular version of our shared request so in case you havent already, u can vote for it where it will count.  I am also emailing all my friends the link so we can gather more votes.  Hope u are still watching this space.  I know u posted a while ago, I have just been scanning the forums from time to time to see if any progress has been made...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Increase-maximum-songs-allowed-in-quot-Your-Music-quot/i...

lastlivngcowboy
Regular

Yes. That is exactly what this means.  All  songs that you save turn from a plus mark to a check mark and are automatically added to the prelabled list called "Songs".  I think many users like this as a form of tagging songs as well as putting all your music in one place without having to manually add them to various playlists. if u agree this limit should be increased and havent already, i'm linking the appropriate page where u can vote for this idea.  

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Increase-maximum-songs-allowed-in-quot-Your-Music-quot/i...

LAWRENCELLC
Regular
Yes, more than the current no. of songs. It is pointless to limit the ad with 1000.who came up :backhand_index_pointing_up: with that no.

Zanardi1
Gig Goer

When do you have so much time to listen to 10k songs?

Highlighted

LAWRENCELLC
Regular
You don’t do it in one sitting. It is rotational. A great variety works well due to the fact each time you listen, you want to hear something different.
SUGGESTED POSTS