16. Fleetwood Mac Rumours (Warner Bros., 1977)

16. Fleetwood Mac Rumours (Warner Bros., 1977)

Rock Star 12
Rock Star 12

Yesterday in the thread that @brian_mansfield proposed (a wonderful one by the way)

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Music-Chat/The-150-Greatest-Albums-Made-by-Women/m-p/1775020#M52330

Show up this album in that place (16 wow) and that bring some memories to my mind the first the beautiful tribute that Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 made it to this band.

How? If you see the movie you can remember the most full charge scene with a lot of emotions going on when everything looks like is falling apart and a decision has to be made… almost at the end of the movie…the song that it’s in that scene is The Chain

spotify:track:7Dm3dV3WPNdTgxoNY7YFnc:small

Not my favorite one but a very good one….

Which one it’s your personal favorite?

And the recently Stevie Nicks sing with Lana del Rey in her new album this song:

spotify:track:6ny7kbH529rZfHp4UFVDiP:small

And if all of this is not enough Fleetwood Mac is rank 188 in the most listen bands at Spotify (today) even when they don’t have a real new album since 2003…that to me it´s amazing!!!

Don’t forget to share your favorite song and if you have some story that want to talk about this band I’ll be glad to read it!!

What else can I said, this band is making music even before I was born and that’s so long ago, Wow…. enjoy the whole album

spotify:album:1bt6q2SruMsBtcerNVtpZB

JpgchiefRock Star 12
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
6 Replies

Re: 16. Fleetwood Mac Rumours (Warner Bros., 1977)

BenitoKCM
Roadie

My first approach to Fleetwood Mac was the album Tango in the Night (1987), a great album with so many hits like this one:

then I went back and their best albums for me are the trilogy from 1975 to 1979: Fleetwood Mac (75), Rumours (77) and Tusk (79).

One from every album:

And from their last album Say you will (2003),I like this song very much:

Rock Star 12
Rock Star 12

Wow a big fan!!!

Now I’m feeling less lonely in this thread LOL….

Thank you @BenitoKCM

Wish you only the best!!!

JpgchiefRock Star 12

brian_mansfield
Community Legend

@Jpgchief, You mentioned that Fleetwood Mac was the 188th most-played artist on Spotify. Is there a link to a page that shows that information, or are you pulling it off their "About" page? I'd love a regularly updating link with that list!

As far as Fleetwood Mac, it's hard to beat Rumours, though there are plenty of wonderful tracks from albums that came before and after. Here's a personal favorite that I heard for the first time only a few years ago. Can you tell what Beatles song it inspired?

spotify:track:3IKyTBHZSgCx2v1ZX8v0TZ

BenitoKCM
Roadie

@brian_mansfield This one? From Abbey road (1969)

Highlighted

brian_mansfield
Community Legend

That's the one!

I heard a track the other day, from the '50s I think, that sounded like it probably inspired "Albatross," but for the life of me I can't remember what it was!

Rock Star 12
Rock Star 12

@brian_mansfield thanks for the information. I didn’t know but I google it…. Sun King!!!  This could get into this other thread Chicken or Egg (Abduction or Just Similarities), and already add your contribution to the Playlist.

About the link you ask….there´s no one that I know.

JpgchiefRock Star 12
SUGGESTED POSTS