Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

A 90s song, PLEASE HELP!

A 90s song, PLEASE HELP!

Hello Spotify Community! A while ago i was listening to Spotifys own 90s list. I got through the whole list and there's one song that i liked, but i cant find.. So I'm here to ask for your help to find that song again! The clues i can give you is that this song is like no other 90s song, In the intro there's a piano and after some seconds the female singer pops up and starts to singing in a very soothe way. Later in the song there's a beat, a very simple beat and in the end there's a bass guitar popping up. The female sings in a soothe way the whole song. I dont know what to explain more. I hope this explaination helps abit! I have checked through spotifys own 90s lists and i cant find it in them.

TY!

186 Replies

Uhhh ok.... which song? Those are two different artists. I'm familair with both those artists though I havent listened to their entire collections. Did you have a specific song in mind to check out??

No songs in mind.  Just offering popular vocalists mid-90's alt radio era to check out.  Sneaker Pimps' 6 Underground is around that time and a good suggestion.  Portishead, Fiona Apple, PJ Harvey, Liz Phair, Garbage, K's Choice, Echobelly, Juliana Hatfield, The Innocence Mission, The Breeders.

1. Fade Into You - Mazzy Star?

https://youtu.be/Cwkej79U3ek

A Thousand Miles - Vanessa Carlton?

Dear mikeheadlee,

You made my day! I was lookin' for this song all day!!!

Thank u [:

The Breeders - Cannonball

https://youtu.be/fxvkI9MTQw4

Hi madlaura76, Great song. But it’s not Mazzy Star.

Hi chinomsky, both are good songs. They were released in 2002 and 2004. The Song I’m looking for came out in the mid 90’s. Thanks

Did you ever listen to the song called, "What if God was one of us?" By Joan Osbourne?

I did. That’s a good one. Thanks. But I’m still looking. It’s more instrumental. God is one of us has very memorable lyrics.

Silent All These Years - Tori Amos? 

Hi Macbeth, good song. But it’s not the one. Thanks for the recommendation however. I listened to about 100 songs from Tori Amos but unfortunately none of the were the song. Again is more of an instrumental track. Listen to Datura from Tori Amos, it’s closer to that. Think of Dido meets the Beloved. Something along those lines.

Was it a slower tempo? The other song that comes to mind is I’m Kissing You by Des’ree 

Ok, this is hard..... I'm gonna give it a shot.... could it be Tori Amos? It starts with piano, then Tori's voice kicks in and at the end of the song you can hear a bass popping in

https://open.spotify.com/track/4d8EFwexIj2rtX4fIT2l8Q?si=VtGW3wgOR5CO_hNTOZqObg

I'm afraid that as time passes by, you would even remember what you've heard or think have heard.....I don't know maybe it's too late to find thatsong.....

If a faster tempo try Lucky One by Amy Grant which is what I was looking for when I stumbled across this thread 😉 

Hi MacBeth13, so it isn’t that one either. This is more of an instrumental track. By instrumental I mean it has no memorable lyrics. This is a nineties alternative rock track that came out in the mid nineties and was played on regular rotation on 9.45 Kdge the Edge, a very popular radio station in Dallas during the 90’s. The only memorable lyric I can remember is a female vocalist says “Yes” or “Yeah”. Sounding more like “Yee” on best two of the measure and repeating. With beat one having a deep baseline. Time 4/4 if you’re familiar with sheet music 🎼. If the song has a lot of lyrics then it’s probably not the song I’m thinking of. Think more along the lines new of Sweet Harmony - The Beloved. With a Dido like voice. Still searching. Thanks

Ok I know this is not gonna help to reach the goal, but this whole situation reminded me this scene from an old tv series..... funny xD

I think it might be “for the damaged coda” by blonde redhead

Lol nvm that already been suggested

Better Off Alone by Alice DJ? 

Suggested posts