A 90s song, PLEASE HELP!

2 people liked this

Re: A 90s song, PLEASE HELP!

Jabbamarkie
Casual Listener

That’s easy. The song you’re looking for is “For the damaged Coda” by Blonde Redhead

Cypher129
Gig Goer
Thanks. Great song, but not the one I’m thinking of. More of an instrumental track. A girl sang a repeated the word yeah or yes but it sounded more like she was saying “yee”. Female vocalist with soft voice. The yes was on heat 2 of the measure after the 1 count which had a long note with a baseline. So it was note then “yee” then repeated in the next measure and then up a chord in the 3rd measure. Any help is appreciated. Vocalist sounds Dido like or Souxsie from The Banshees. Don’t think it’s Sarah Mclachan either because I’ve listed to most of her songs as well. Not cranberries.
1 person liked this

BrotherTwelve
Roadie

What sort of instruments?

Also, you say the singer sounds like Siouxsie Sioux or Dido, who are both English. Does the singer you’re thinking of have an English accent, a similar vocal style, or both?

Jabbamarkie
Casual Listener

The song you’re looking for is called For a damaged coda by Blonde Redhead 

Jabbamarkie
Casual Listener

Enigma perhaps?

1 person liked this

Cypher129
Gig Goer
Hi Jabbamarkie, thanks for the input. Not the song yet. Song is more in line with Sweet Harmony - The Beloved. Song came out mid 90’s and was aired several times on the Dallas Based radio station 94.5 Kdge “The Edge”. I’m trying to located old radio playlists from that time frame. Thanks again for the help guys and gals.

Jabbamarkie
Casual Listener

It probably might not be of help but the song you just mentioned is a bit similar to what Ace of Base kinda sounds...maybe look in that direction perhaps? 

Keegansmom
Casual Listener

I think I know the song. It's by Joan Osborne "What if God was one of us". Hope that helps

1 person liked this

JimmyRufio

Sneaker pumps- six underground  ?

mikeheadlee
Casual Listener

Fiona Apple, Portishead?

SUGGESTED POSTS