Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

A Few Questions I Have

A Few Questions I Have

Hi guys! So I am new to Spotify and I have a few questions I really hope that guys can help me with! Ok, so first, I don’t want pay for Spotify, and I want to listen to my music offline. I found out that if you stay online, don’t delete the running app, you can listen to your songs offline. But my question is if there is a limit to how many songs you can listen to offline? Also, I see these people saying that there is a listen offline button, but I can’t find it! I use an iPad by the way, just in case this changes anything. If there is a better way to listen to music offline for free please tell me. Thank you so much for replying if you do!! Have a great rest of your day!

3 Replies

Hey @Libby_Kitty 

If you want to reliably listen to music offline, you'll need either Spotify Premium or your personal collection of music files.

Listen Offline toggle switch appears only for those who are Premium subscribers.

That aside, I have experimented in the past with the desktop client. It does not let you listen to more than those tracks that are in your Queue History, played in this session.
I am pretty sure the client limits it even further because I could only play up to 5 tracks when I suddenly lost internet connection. That limit seems to be gone with Premium, too.

I don't know how much (if at all) iPad would change this.

Hope this helps, have a nice day 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you! Do you happen to know any alternatives for music that is free and you can listen to offline?

@Libby_Kitty 

I don't know of any music service that would allow offline listening on a free tier. It's always a Premium thing. Maybe I am wrong and someone does know something like that, but I don't.

As I said earlier, to be able to listen to your favourite tunes offline, you need to either pay for the music service or maintain your own collection of music files.

Have a nice day 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts