Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

A letter to our beloved

A letter to our beloved

Dear Spotify, 

I was wondering why you do not have more playlists for lonely hearts, like there are copius amounts for feeling good and when life is awesome. And I do not mean every second song to be about a boy or a girl, trans or any of these identities, which exists in relation to someone else. I mean, on the topic of Loneliness. Sometimes, and I am sure I am not alone!, you just want to sit with the sense that life is not moving in the direction where you want it to, before moving onto something like Confidence Boost.

I would LOVE to see a gig as trendy and engaging like Spotify, who is literally in-tune, with its audience, develop some more awesome playlists for Loneliness, especially as a taboo topic in modern day life. Life Sucks, has some great tunes. When they are interspersed with romantic titles however, it undermines my sense of feeling that I connect to any of the cool communities on Spotify.

3 Replies

Hello!

Playlists that account for lyrical content are much more difficult to compose than lists of songs with a similar sound. They require a greater depth of understanding of the songs' meanings.

Lucky for you, I have something that is right along that line. I originally put up a similar mix on 8tracks a few years ago, but have started working on a similar and expanded mix here.

It was entitled "You Are Not Alone." but I have thought about renaming it "A Hug for the Heart," or "On Solitude and Silence."

Yes, there are absolutely times when you are feeling lonely and reflective, and want to sit with your feelings. Not denying them or trying to escape, but just being.

Please forgive the order, this is a work that is not finished. If you decide to give it a listen, please let me know your thoughts!

https://open.spotify.com/user/flypaperflowers/playlist/0lToYDtCquS5B2UuJpuR6H

I sincerely feel this ❤️ ❤️ AMEN

Suggested posts