ALBUM OF THE WEEK 10.05.18

Highlighted

ALBUM OF THE WEEK 10.05.18

Rock Star 13
Rock Star 13

Well this week isn't Future Rock as it was last week, but again a fusion that makes  hard to pigeonhole this album in one genre, we can say that it is jazz, but also Art Rock, Moder Jazz or Alternative music, improvisation and even a little experimental.

Better known for his work in David Bowie's album Black Star the saxophonist Donny McCaslin brings his own and unique style to this new album Blow.

Youn don't need to like jazz, because this is not exactly jazz, neither rock, but is something that I'm sure you can enjoy, some tracks are instrumental not all of them in fact the tracks Opener is spoken word lead by the voice of  Mark Kozelek's (from Sun Kil Moon), the hypnotic music and narrative are complemented by Kozelek's engaging voice (one of my favorites) 

At times you might think that you are listening to a Playlist because of the contrast between the changes from one song to another, but at the same time you can feel a certain unity in the whole album, a thread that although sometimes it is not easy to find it is definitely there.

Hope you enjoy this album as much as I do!!!

spotify:album:1fxuycwh9zRrKHCE2MSPMU

Donny.jpg

JpgchiefRock Star 13
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS