Admiration Behind Foster the People's Second Album

Highlighted

Admiration Behind Foster the People's Second Album

Casual Listener

I don't know about you guys, but I have always listened blindly to unlabled Indiepop, electronic, post-modern band, Foster the People ever since their 2011 Pumped up Kicks to their rise of thier second album (2014). I've been doing a lot of background research lately though (call me obsessed), and I am just amazed and finally have seen a light and tiny glance into the eyes of thier purpose and meaning of the second album they keep on expressing. Undoubtedly I have been moved and restless over the different style of music on this record than Torches, connecting that with interviews from frontman Mark Foster and his journey searching for a new purpose for his creative songs. His new lyrics almost hit beautifully on a personal and spiritual point. If anyone would ask me today what was one wish I would want to come true: I would wish that Mark would have all the time in the world to sit down with me and not hold back in revealing what he was going through and what his lyrics meant to him personally. Listening to this record was kind of like being given the permission to take a peek at his life journal, what was important to him and his changes in life he has made. If anyone else has had thoughts like this, please do share! I'd like to know what you music lovers think of their new album as well 🙂 (Also, make time to read the lyrics of some of his new songs and reflect on them here. "Goats in Trees", "Pseudologia Fantastica", "The Truth", "Fire Escape", etc. Thanks for reading!

SUGGESTED POSTS