Anyone into just sad music in general?

1 person liked this

Re: Anyone into just sad music in general?

user-removed
Not applicable

Hello there, Jacob827.

Sad songs are powerful as they could draw a person deeper into darkness and yet bringing out the peace from deep inside at the end of the songs. And hence, after giving a thought, these songs appeared and so here they are:

Send In The Clowns (losing hope...)

by Judy Collins

Desperado (no more hope...)

by Eagles

The Sound of Silence (welcome to darkness)

by Simon & Garfunkel

Numb (no more feelings)

by Linkin Park

Riversong
Music Fan
lol it's weird for me not to listen sad songs, even if I'm happy.. I just think that an artist (and I put myself in it as I'm a singer songwriter) makes their best masterpieces when they're having troubles..

If you want check out Flussodicoscienza by Giulia Alari on spotify, it's my song

spike7686
I wish spotify could put a judas priest missing album "Demolition" and seems like there is another album from JP that is not there. How can I request missing content on Spotify ???

Mausi
Roadie

Not really, but after I listened to some that made me cry I started listening more closely to the feelings they produce inside of me. 

This one made me sad, but it's so true if you listen to just a few lines like 

"Goodbye Paradise" or Billions are wasted on weapons and are ...

"The World is Dying"

spotify:track:7ABEQpO0GYvOHQjhVh3gTe

And songs like "Telegraph Road" or "Seasons in the sun" or a Country Song like "Lucille" can really  make me sad and think.

1 person liked this

soundson
Roadie

not just sad music, but this one is kind of:

spotify:track:20gRzKK5o24xiA7Ex7KT2V:small

and an appropriate playlist :

spotify:user:sonsoundsmusic:playlist:4kKXzcHJ4zBPJg846TrBUS

soundson
Roadie

amesjac
Gig Goer

Rock Star 12
Rock Star 12
This is sad...

https://open.spotify.com/track/57uX2vR9j9DNiANDYfXw1i
rossi1911Rock Star 12
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
1 person liked this

Mausi
Roadie

Hi there, I am still trying to work out to send a sad song ...so hope it works this time

https://open.spotify.com/album/3B9OTkSrCzvhqxRoZIRK9i

This is very sad but sooooo true !

2 people liked this

CloudTapes
Roadie

Guess I'm here to represent some old folk-ish songs! 

Did no one mention Nick Drake? His first two records were achingly beautiful, very autumnal. Emotional string arrnagements and quiet vocals. His final record, Pink Moon, was just vocals and guitar. Very pained.

The title track was used in a Volkswagen commercial around 2000 and brought him the fame he never achieved in his lifetime. The only exception to the vocals/guitar dynamic is  14-note piano melody played twice in the bridge of "Pink Moon." 

spotify:track:16qzGrIMWoxerw2gnW0zuv

Another, "From the Morning."  "And now we rise, and we are everywhere." - spotify:track:1Q2PWRAKkj3WxMPf7VEEJ1

His last batch of songs that found release on compilations, such as Black-Eyed Dog, Rider on the Wheel, and Hanging on a Star seemed to deal with his feelings of failure and depression after finding no success during his career. Particular of note is the lyric in "Hanging on a Star" -- "why leave me hanging on a star when you deemed me so high?"

Also of note is Connie Converse, arguably one of the first singer-songwriters. Predating Bob Dylan, Tim Buckley, and that entire East Village folk scene, Connie came and went very quickly.

spotify:track:2P8OrbNngfk62NQIaqFrVF

"I don't stand in the need of company, with everything I see talking like you."

And finally, the tragic story of Jackson C. Frank. A childhood fire left him injured, he had a promising folk career, and then he was homeless towards the end of his life. "Blues Run the Game" is his most famous. His singing is fantastic.

spotify:track:51QHQSU5C4WE7KqoqeNOCM 

SUGGESTED POSTS