Are you a "Crazy" fan ?

Are you a "Crazy" fan ?

Rock Star 18
Rock Star 18

Hello there,

The question today is :

Do you consider yourself as a "Crazy" fan ?

I mean :

Is there artist(s) that you follow on Spotify ?  On all the social nerworks ? On forums dedicated ? Artist(s) you are collecting all what is related to ? Artist(s) you could travel long distance to see a live gig ? Artist(s) you could scream hysterically to if you see them ?

Don't be shy, tell the truth 😄

twitter.com/soundofus

www.soundofus.com

SoundofusRock Star 18
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Are you a "Crazy" fan ?

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Um... :')

I keep close eye on Amon Tobin. I probably know more about him and his music than it would be healthy. 🙂

I used to be a huge fan of Empire of the Sun. Rather severe case. My mother hated their music, and I blasted their debut album every single day. Couldn't buy merch so I built my own stuff.
Good thing is that I started drawing portraits as well as dabbling with oils. I'm pretty good with portraits by now. It was a very important starting point for me as an artist. Sorry for blasting spotify:track:2QBHCZt5KWwtwXpiUwRwaq:small all over the house and causing constipations!

I started to like Sin with Sebastian's music quite a lot (spotify:track:0aqfPn3YcAxVHxUgshEZ38:small and all that), and I painted him. He saw the painting and he was so ultimately excited and happy. This sparked long conversations and artist-to-artist inspirations as well as more paintings, drawings and portraits. It was a really cool time. He's such a humble man actually, sort of soft-spoken. What I really like about his earlier songs is this sense of his youth.
Eternally grateful for this time.

BUT to my defense, I accidentally unleashed something a lot more prominent when I introduced my friend to Moa Pillar's music. She breathes Moa Pillar, and recently went to Poland by bus to see him live and give him a string of 1000 fingertip-sized paper cranes.
So there's that... 😉

I might be considered 'crazy', but I try to keep it rather little-known. It's pretty easy now: listening to, and sharing new and unknown stuff masks existing favourites.

SebastyRock Star 16
Highlighted

wc_helmets
Gig Goer

Brian Eno.  20 years ago, I read every interview I could find from him in the college library when I should have been working on papers.  I still check out new stuff he has going on.

https://open.spotify.com/artist/7MSUfLeTdDEoZiJPDSBXgi

When I was younger, I think I saw ALL about 6-7 times.  I like the Descendents, but I've always had a soft spot for ALL.  They wrote the pop-punk template and added Mahavishnu Orchestra on top of that.  No other band since has done that.

https://open.spotify.com/artist/4UWlpzLFbNdlaRXuZeTPlH

Of course, I obsessively follow my own music too.  Wink wink.  Nudge Nudge... 🙂

https://open.spotify.com/album/53y5F2rpdmrQxO97FkI9Ha

Highlighted

Ittalivi
Roadie

I Used to be a crazy fan to spotify:track:5dTHtzHFPyi8TlTtzoz1J9 

I followed this band on all social media also i was suscribe on a forum call "Hotel Bella Muerte"

i collected everything about MCR and the sad is that i didnt went to a concert of MCR, but this situation was 10 years ago.

But now i am a normal fan. i liked their music and follow on twitter.

I think that when we are teenagers we are a crazy fans 

Highlighted

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

That's pretty much the truth. Finding your favourite music artist as a teen can easily spark a wildfire.

Lots of stories about teenage-time fanning, kissing posters, dressing like the artist in question, listening to lots of their music of course.

But there are also adults that can be just about as prominent fans as teenagers. They often also have money to buy all the merch for themselves and their kids as well as see the concerts.
I'm still a member of Empire of the Sun group (despite not being much of a fan anymore), and there are lots of adult fans, some doing exactly what I did when I was a teen in basic school. It's pretty cool! :')

My Chemical Romance and Red Hot Chili Peppers had a strong fanbase where I was.

SebastyRock Star 16
Highlighted

Glenn_Roth
Music Fan

Cool! Descendents fan here (psyched to see them again this fall!!), and I remember ALL a little but never really knew much by them--how did I miss them?  Great powerpop!  Will check out more.  Am checking out your stuff too, and will follow.

SUGGESTED POSTS