Bad Music Files

Bad Music Files

ndingley

I was recently trying to listen to Apples in Stereo's New Magnetic Wonder and halfway through the album the song deteriorate.  I'm actually aware of another ripped version of this that some fool put up for torrenting as if it was ripped from a scratched CD, this makes me highly skeptical of where Spotify gets it's music from.

Besides that, I just want Spotify to get a proper copy of this album, instead of some shoddily transferred mp3.

2 Replies

Re: Bad Music Files

Rorey
Spotify Legend

I wasn't able to replicate this "deterioration" of tracks.  They play just find for me.  Although, it can be heard to tell with these bands who are influneced by Pink Floyd.  I've probably digressed but I always have a hard time determining if they meant to put so much feedback in songs. 

Are the tracks skipping? What do they sound like? 

If you're convinced the album has some "bad tracks" help us report them by following the instructions in this post.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Music-Chat/Reporting-Incorrect-Track-Info/m-p/25291/message-uid/2529...

Spotify receives all of it's music from content providers such as record labels and merge aggregators.  In other words, the content isn't uploaded by the user community.

Re: Bad Music Files

ndingley

As far as I can tell the problem is still there.  I'd suggest checking out the song "Play Tough" off of the album New Magnetic Wonders.  The problem is obvious within the first few seconds of playtime.  It sounds as if entire chunks of the song are missing, like someone is randomly pressing a cough button throughout the recording.  This problem persists sporadically throughout the rest of the album.

If you can remember what a scratched up RW CD sounds like when you tried to play it in you walkman disc player or car stereo this sounds just like it.

Thanks for taking the time to check it out.

SUGGESTED POSTS