Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Best Album Artworks For 2019

Best Album Artworks For 2019

Hello all, 

there was a lot of topics for the best album artworks, but the last one I'd found is from 2017 (appologies if there is a burried thread from this year somewhere in this board), so I'm starting a new one. 

As a designer I usually judge the song by its cover at first look, and in the most cases I'm right, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. If the artwork is good, it's much more likely for me to play it, rather than a song with a boring one. The easiest way to remember which is the song is also by its cover. 

So the rules are as simple as they look. Share the best looking picture of the album/single in your oppinion, and why you think the artwork is great. 

I'm starting with the not so recently released Egypt Station by McCartney 

The cover is a pure piece of art for me. It pretty much sums up the design trend of the last years - chaotic balance and abnormal forms. While it may look pretty overwhelming at first look it engage the viewer to look deeper and unlocks their creativity.

Share your picks and have fun!

spotify:track:2Bza0XtlF5WTKoAVtIgcuZ

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
14 Replies

I like the artwork for Ed Wynne (guitarist from Ozric Tentacles)’s 2019 album Shimmer into Nature, which features Ed Wynne in a tie-dye shirt playing electric guitar, surrounded by plants and insects. I like this artwork because I think tie-dye looks really cool and I have lots of tie-dye shirts myself. I also like to surround myself with nature by going hiking or mountain biking for fun, so the album cover reminds me of good times. Here’s a track from this album:

https://open.spotify.com/track/4d7g34D0Ed57jSpAbnUfjb?si=cCSxmvg-RWiplWaaQnXPnA

As a second favorite album artwork from 2019 (I hope it’s okay to post more than one), I choose Mantra Machine’s Heliosphere. The artwork looks like an ocean wave merging with a cloudy atmosphere, which I think matches their amorphous, atmospheric, instrumental sound of stoner, psychedelic, and space rock (kind of like fellow Dutch band 35007’s sound) pretty well. I also just think that it looks visually appealing. Here’s a track from this album:

https://open.spotify.com/track/61apFcytQPOJuvlNqilejN?si=8aS8mttYQ52OhHpm_KkBJg

AdamDamSpotify Star

Ahh the Mantra Machine's one is dope @AdamDam ! It's wild and calm in the same time, beatifull transition of the colors, I feel like I can hear the song before I play it,

definetely surfing into the space while listening and watching the cover.

And yeah it's totally fine to post more than one, everything is welcome! : )

https://open.spotify.com/album/0ujzj4xGZIrntkDtq0kP3V?si=pVOuNGj-TyeBbCA85ePhnQ

Beautiful artwork and great album, thanks so much

Front coverFront cover

I will share this one only because I made the cover haha

The EP is dope btw

https://open.spotify.com/album/2jxELnyD5ShyHA9pxdiqtd?si=U0nHWA8wQpaRYBuuZTP7WQ

therealonetouch Cover Art drawing.jpg

I could not miss to share this one from Cheap Teeth, an underrated Edinburgh post-punk band. The cover is a bit dark and playfull with a strange creature riding a toy car with a horse head, under a womans body, it's so weird and creepy that it's beatifull.

spotify:track:2QhmNCoXS5XgbgMl1EJ7w3

Sometimes you feel the song through the cover, this one is an example of this.

Melancholic image, with an eyegasmic greenish color of a woman portrait in the ground and a little label with good typography makes it the right balance to trip through the song in the most enjoyable way.

Btw can someone please teach me how to post a big image of the cover,

like the previous comments, thank you!

spotify:track:3e2RQQ8v1hBx93ng5O3GXy 

Hi great that you bring this thread alive (once again) @MartinStoichkov by the way I really enjoy your recent effort in the community.

I'm a jazz lover as music in general and since the first time that listen this track Emo Blues I was in love with it, and the cover for the album VWETO II by Georgia Anne Muldrow is fantastic don't you think?

spotify:track:1DNllrHiV8U9brpQXMsKTJ 

Another album with a great art work is Trust In The Lifeforce Of The Deep Mistery by The Comet is Coming 

The most streamed tracks is this but the whole album is awesome

spotify:track:5c44MldQ2CvroamP73V1lp 

Cheers!!!

JpgchiefRock Star 14

I have one more, this albums all are part of my My Top 100 Songs 2019 So Far  that echoes the words by @MartinStoichkov about that if it looks good you problably are going to find something good in the inside and this one is no exception

You can find this at  Bandcamp talking about the art work of the album

"There's something both dreamy and scientific about We Fall. Wiggs, an enthusiastic amateur mycologist, has an impressive collection of mushrooms she’s photographed in her travels. We Fall could be the soundtrack to what can’t be captured in a single photo—the growth and decay of miraculous creatures that a less astute and sensitive eye might overlook entirely."

spotify:track:41Np7JdWRaGbdwMNJ6wwUm 

Cheers!!!

JpgchiefRock Star 14

@Jpgchief thank you! 

All of the covers are great though, so trippy. And the one with the mushrooms is one of the best I've seen so far. 

@Brunelicia Can you tell us how to post an image of the cover, please? xD

Moved:

This post was removed for violating the Community Terms and Conditions, specifically "Avoid double posting". Any users posting the same content multiple times will have their posts removed. For more information please read here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Music-Chat/Reminder-Spotify-Community-Guidelines/td-p/4786834 -

spotify:track:6l3RvYfoi7I38n8rBIAdwd 

This ! The artwork was done by a remain3k and i was shook when i got the cover. It shows my whole personality in a pic and with the track it self it was spoooot on!

Easily my best pic ever haha

Moved:

This post was removed for violating the Community Terms and Conditions, specifically "Avoid double posting". Any users posting the same content multiple times will have their posts removed. For more information please read here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Music-Chat/Reminder-Spotify-Community-Guidelines/td-p/4786834

Suggested posts