Best Metal/Rock band

Best Metal/Rock band

tiago94
Casual Listener

Good night people

For purposes to know how many people are here that like metal/rock bands that mean anything, I made this post.

The purpose is to tell one of your favorite bands and why.

To start this topic my favorite band it's three days grace (the old 3dg because now they are a lot worst xD) because the fact that when the album one-x came out the lyrics meant a lot to me due to various situations :)

16 Replies

Re: Best Metal/Rock band

saved
Roadie

@tiago94 - Hi

There are so very many to choose from, but as the first song that came into my head was Blackbird, I will say Alter Bridge for now.

spotify:track:0aD1Hcw038ll6jYBV7OPy9:small

By the time I have posted this I will think of someone else and wish I had posted that. :)

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

Any good Metal discussion has to start with Metallica.

Their first albums are essential, and hopefully they will eventually release a Deluxe Remaster of Master of Puppets / And Justice For All. Can't wait.

osorniosRock Star 22
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

saved
Roadie

@osornios

spotify:track:0wmjY0IiSvwFYSJ0PWpDwz:small

!!!!! Say no more - can't argue with that !!!!!

Rukoon
Music Fan

Megadeth is great too. Check my playlist with my favourite Megadeth songs.

https://open.spotify.com/user/rukoon/playlist/3Ji7t8A7d5QACpNyIDDwml

Tzo
Gig Goer

I recently bumped into Nothing But Thieves and I think they're one of the best rock bands nowadays! I also like, Muse, Red Hot Chili Peppers and my favourite metal bands are Disturbed and Slipknot! Also, there is a nu-metal, rapcore band from Greece named Project Theory and they're really good. 

user-removed
Not applicable

Well too many bands to choose from as I tend to lean towards hardcore punk, crossover thrash, speed, power, progressive, metalcore, extreme metal, black and death metal. I will highlight two bands that are creating some interesting music within the doom/black/death metal arenas that I have just gotten to recently.

First up is October Tide, they do a mix of doom/gothic/death metal, the vocals are your typical growl but the music is something really deep and well developed, a very different twist on this music style and the lyrical content fits well with what they are doing:

Next up is a band I have gotten to as well this week which also has blended thrash, death, and black metal, the band has created some interesting music in this field of metal music:

The Wretched End:

Check em out if you want something a little more unusual in these music styles, which those genras tend to get a bit crowded with too many copy bands.

xenon82
Roadie

These are all really great bands! My favorites include Liquid Tension Experiment, Symphony X, Riverside, Dream Theater, Scar Symmetry, Necrophagist, Children Of Bodom, Obscura, Opeth, Avenged Sevenfold, Transatlantic, The Winery Dogs, Dio, and of course Metal Allegiance!! \m/

Not including solo artists, which would be a substantially longer list

Sincerely,
Me

Kzu
Regular

I'm surprised that Iron Maiden haven't been mentioned yet. Definitely my favorite band out there and among the best live performances I have ever seen. Their music seems to never get old.

spotify:user:iron_maiden_:playlist:2UvKcMkEbvicPLpus1dyKc

user-removed
Not applicable

@Kzu

Definitely, anyone who is a metal head needs to see Maiden at least once in their life. Sadly the closest they have gotten to me in a long while is a 3 hour drive one way and 3 hours back to see a live show. But I have been able to catch up some recently with Live DVD shows recorded through a local cable channel that shows live concerts and music festival highlights exclusively.

SUGGESTED POSTS