Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Best albums of 2015

Best albums of 2015

We've wrapped up the Albums of 2014 thread with the full 2014 playlist here.

Now you can start sharing the albums you recommend from 2015 with the Spotify Community below. We recommend posting a Spotify Play Button following these steps:

1. Right click on the desired song/ playlist. 

2. Click 'Copy Spotify URI'.

2. Go to your Community post. 

3. Click 'Insert/edit link button'

Screen Shot 2015-03-23 at 9.51.27 AM.png

4. Paste URI.

5. Click Post. 

And remember to give kudos to the albums you also agree belong on the "best of 2015" list. 

I'll get us started with my current favorite for 2015: Panda Bear's new album "Panda Bear Meets the Grim Reaper".

Want to share your favorite songs of 2015? Join this thread here. 

417 Replies

Hello !

AWOLNATION - Run ( 2015 )

Awolnation (usually stylized as AWOLNATION) is an American electronic rock band, formed and fronted by Aaron Bruno, formerly of Under the Influence of Giants, Hometown Hero and Insurgence. The band is signed to Red Bull Records, and their first EP, Back from Earth, was  released on iTunes on May 18, 2010. The band released their first studio album, Megalithic Symphony, on March 15, 2011 and featured the band's most notable hit, "Sail", which peaked at #17 on the Billboard Hot 100, #4 on the Billboard Rock Songs chart, and #5 on the Billboard Alternative Songs chart. The song has been certified 6× platinum by the RIAA and has sold 5,500,000 copies in the United States. The band's second studio album, Run, is due for release on March 17, 2015.

""

Hello !

Aaron Fyfe - 10 Songs ( 2015 )

Dunblane born troubadour Aaron Fyfe is a 26 year-old singer-songwriter (and skateboarder-surfer) currently on his own never-ending ‘Grass Routes Tour’ in a beat up customized camper van playing wherever he can, connecting with real fans of real music.( http://www.aaronfyfemusic.co.uk )

His musical heroes include the likes of Ben Harper, Ray Lamontagne and Tracy Chapman but he carving his own path

( soundcloud.com )

"

Hello !

The High Dials - In The A.M. Wilds - 2015 )

The band started out playing a brand of pop music strongly influenced by 1960s British mod styles, but their sound evolved to become a form of power pop, more influenced by psychedelic music. They debuted with A New Devotion (2003, Rainbow Quartz Records), a concept  album about a boy named Silas attempting to escape from a nightmarish city of the future. The release made a fan of Little Steven Van Zandt, who began to play them on his Sirius radio show, and later invited them to perform at the Underground Garage Festival in NYC, which featured The Strokes, Stooges and New York Dolls among other major acts. ( Wikipedia )

""

More News : Best New Indie 2015 ( TommyWesters )

Hello !

Modest Mouse - Strangers To Ourselves ( 2015 )

Modest Mouse is an American rock band formed in 1993 in Issaquah, Washington, by singer/guitarist Isaac Brock, drummer Jeremiah Green, and bassist Eric Judy. Since their 1996 debut album, This Is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About, their lineup has centered on Brock, Green, and Judy. Guitarist Johnny Marr (formerly of The Smiths) joined the band in May 2006, along with percussionist Joe Plummer (formerly of The Black Heart Procession) and multi-instrumentalist Tom Peloso, to work on the album We Were Dead Before  the Ship Even Sank. Guitarist Jim Fairchild joined the band in February 2009. The band's sixth album, Strangers to Ourselves, was released on March 17, 2015. Their name is derived from a passage from the Virginia Woolf story "The Mark on the Wall" which reads, "I wish I could hit upon a pleasant track of thought, a track indirectly reflecting credit upon myself, for those are the pleasantest thoughts, and very frequent even in the minds of modest, mouse-coloured people, who believe genuinely that they dislike to hear their own praises.

( Wikipedia )

""

Hello !

The Things Of Youth - Volume One ( 2015 )

With  Jon Fee. singing and playing bass, the Things of Youth brings a lyrical introspection to its hypnotically driving lo-fi indie pop; think Jeff Tweedy and Elliott Smith fronting the American Analog Set. - North Bay Bohemian

( http://www.parksandrecords.com )

""

i'm not sure if someone has shared this, cause didn't have the time to review all the 11 pages.. but

i was surprised when i went to this artist profile just now...  (hiphopmoodtoday)

i found he has a new album, one of my favorite rap artist from spain.... 

I have a thing for crazy music, follow me to listen to check out my playlists..

If you like the post, please give KUDOS.
If i help you with something, accept as a solution, will be awesome..

Feel free to send a friend request, music network is infinite...

Hello !

Stone Jack Jones - Love & Torture ( 2015 )

Based in Nashville, but raised in a coal miner’s company house on the banks of Buffalo Creek, WV, Stone Jack Jones is the descendant of four generations of coal miners. After being rejected from military service in Vietnam due to epilepsy, and discouraged from pursuing the coal mining business, Jack decided to start wandering. By the time he landed in Nashville, where he met Roger Moutenot, Patty Griffin, and Kurt Wagner, Jack had worked as a carny, an escape artist, a ballet dancer, a professional lute player, and even owned a late night performance art club in Atlanta.
Stone Jack Jones' 3rd full-length Ancestor was produced with Roger Moutenot (known for his work with Yo La Tengo, Sleater Kinney, They Might Be Giants, and many other incredible artists) and features collaborations with Patty Griffin, members of Lambchop, and Courtney Tidwell. The tales on Ancestor distill Jack's lifetime of experience into songs that use the esoteric narratives of an American rambler to elucidate the celestial worlds within each of us. ( http://westernvinyl.com )

""

Vulnicura by Björk. I know someone had already mentioned it, but I'm mentioning it again for the sake of being gloriously repetitive. 🙂 https://open.spotify.com/album/1ttnHZ0HVGMSMTJdZZ7kYK

Slip
Into the bath
Into the grey
Hating yourself so much it hurts
Wake
Up from a nap
Wish you were brave
But you're not that kind of person

My last.fm profile page: http://last.fm/user/Sekhmet9

Hello !

Opus Orange - Outside In ( 2015 )

Recorded entirely outside in the California wilderness above 10,000’ elevation using only solar power off the grid, they reinvented their songs using washtubs and old BBQ grates for percussion, a washtub bass with a broom handle, and a variety of instruments found around camp including banjo, ukulele, melodica, and kalimba. Birds sing, insects buzz, and the wind whistles throughout these six songs – nature as an improvising musician

( http://socalhiker.net )

""

Hello !

Vetiver - Complete Strangers ( 2015 )

Vetiver is an American folk band headed by songwriter Andy Cabic.

Vetiver was formed in San Francisco in 2002. The band released their self-titled debut album in 2004 on the small indie folk label DiCristina Since the album's release, Vetiver has toured extensively, opening for and collaborating with Devendra Banhart and Joanna Newsom. Vetiver released another album, To Find Me Gone, on DiCristina in 2006. Banhart and Cabic also launched their own label, Gnomonsong Recordings, releasing Jana Hunter's Blank Unstaring Heirs of Doom in 2005 and There's No Home in 2007. The label also released in 2008 Vetiver's Thing of the Past, a collection of cover songs that have influenced Cabic's aesthetic. Sub Pop Records (US) and Bella Union (UK) released Vetiver's Tight Knit (2009) and The Errant Charm (2011)
( Wikipedia )

""

Hello !

Beat Spacek - Modern Streets ( 2015 )

Spacek (also known as Spacek Sound System) is a British electronic music band. Its members are Steve Spacek (Real name Steve White), Ed Spacek, and Morgan Spacek. The group released its debut album, Curvatia in 2001, followed by 2003's Vintage Hi-Tech. Although primarily performing electronic music, the group also fuses elements of R&B, hip hop, trip hop, broken beat and soul into its anomalistic soundbed. Steve Spacek is brother to UK drum and bass artist DBridge.

""

Hello !

Courtney Barnett - Sometimes I Sit And Think, And Sometimes I Just Sit ( 2015 )

Courtney Barnett (born 1987 or 1988 ) is an Australian singer-songwriter and guitarist from Melbourne. Known for her witty, rambling lyrics and deadpan singing style, she attracted attention from the North American and UK music press in October 2013 with the release of her debut full-length recording and well-received performances at the CMJ Music Marathon. At the latter event, Barnett was mentioned by both Rolling Stone and The New York Times as a standout performer.
Barnett’s debut album, Sometimes I Sit and Think and Sometimes I Just Sit, was released on 23 March 2015.

( Wikipedia )

""

Hello !

Mini Mensions -  The Great Pretenders ( 2015 )

Mini Mansions are a Los Angeles band founded by Zach Dawes, Tyler Parkford, and Queens of the Stone Age bassist Michael Shuman.Mini Mansions was founded in 2009 after the Queens of the Stone Age decided to take a break after touring in support of Era Vulgaris. Their self-released EP from 2009 contains nine tracks. In 2014, they released the single "Death Is a Girl", with a second studio album release in 2015: The Great Pretenders

( Wikipedia )

""

More News : Best New Indie 2015 ( Tommy Westers )

Hello !

Gomina - Prints ( 2015 )

Gomina is a French group with a first album inspired and promising.
Inventive and creative, Gomina mix rock and electro dance

""

Jamie McDell - Ask Me Anything

Jamie McDell (born 3 November 1992) is a singer and songwriter from Auckland, New Zealand. She was discovered at the age of 16 by EMI New Zealand after sending them a demo tape of her acoustic music.
Her new album is a follow up to "Six Strings and a Sail Boat" with her style being similar to that of Taylor Swift or Elle Goulding.  

As spotify is having problems with html at the moment, here's the spotify link. 

https://open.spotify.com/album/3CQfKNNk6kcQAQDLd6r5rQ

Hello !

Caribou - Our Love ( 2015 )

Our Love is the sixth studio album by Canadian musician Caribou, released on October 6, 2014 via City Slang worldwide (excluding the Americas), and October 7, 2014 through Merge Records in North and South America. The album reached #46 on the Billboard 200.

""

Hi there!

Just dicover the new album of the Spanish band Dover

Hello !

Baby Lemonade - Best Of Baby Lemonade ( 2015 )

Baby Lemonade is a band in the neo-psychedelic genre formed in Los Angeles. Their 1998 album Exploring Music was produced by Darian Sahanaja of The Wondermints. The group was Love founder Arthur Lee's backing band prior to his incarceration, and after his release from prison in 2001 until his death in 2006. As such, they provided the most stable line-up of Love in the band's history. In July 2005 the band were due to perform in the UK with Arthur Lee and the original Love guitarist Johnny Echols. However, when the band got to the airport in LA ready to fly to England, Arthur Lee refused to leave the States. The other members of the band, including Echols, decided to carry on without Lee and played a foreshortened series of gigs under the name "The Love Band". It wasn't until the following year that it was announced that Lee had been diagnosed with acute myeloid leukaemia which was to lead to his death in August 2006.

The name Baby Lemonade comes from a track from Syd Barrett's album Barrett.

""

Hello !

A Place To Bury Strangers - Transfixiation ( 2015 )

A Place To Bury Strangers is an American, New York–based noise rock band, composed of Oliver Ackermann (guitar/vocals), Dion Lunadon (bass guitar) and Robi Gonzalez (drums). The band plays a heavy, atmospheric wall of sound-influenced blend of psychedelic rock, shoegaze and space rock. The band is commonly known by the initials APTBS.

""

Hello !

Alamo Race Track - Hawks ( 2015 )

Alamo Race Track is a rock band from Amsterdam, Netherlands. They have released three full-length albums. Their current effort, Unicorn Loves Deer, was released on March 21, 2011 in their native country.

The latest album is called "hawks" ... and is super !

""

Suggested posts