Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Best albums of 2015

Best albums of 2015

We've wrapped up the Albums of 2014 thread with the full 2014 playlist here.

Now you can start sharing the albums you recommend from 2015 with the Spotify Community below. We recommend posting a Spotify Play Button following these steps:

1. Right click on the desired song/ playlist. 

2. Click 'Copy Spotify URI'.

2. Go to your Community post. 

3. Click 'Insert/edit link button'

Screen Shot 2015-03-23 at 9.51.27 AM.png

4. Paste URI.

5. Click Post. 

And remember to give kudos to the albums you also agree belong on the "best of 2015" list. 

I'll get us started with my current favorite for 2015: Panda Bear's new album "Panda Bear Meets the Grim Reaper".

Want to share your favorite songs of 2015? Join this thread here. 

417 Replies

Hello !

Buxton -  Half A Native ( 2015 )

Buxton were formed in La Porte, Texas, A town on the gulf of Mexico roughly 25 miles east of houston . Guitarist, singer, and principal songwriter Sergio Trevino Formed the band in 2003, He had met a pair of fellow musicians, multi-instrumentist, Jason Willis, and Bassist Jason Wise .
2006, the trio recorded and self-released its debut album, Red Follows Red.
Drummer "Justin terrell" happen in 2009, and the band released its second album, the more thematically ambitious A Family Light
In early 2010, the group began filling out its sound with the addition of guitarist and keyboard player Austin Sepulvado, and by the end of the year, Buxton became a six-piece when Trevino invited a fan of the group, Haley Barnes, to join as a keyboard player and harmony vocalist. In 2011 ( allmusic )
Third album, Nothing Here Seems Strange, in January 2012.
Today : Half A Native ( Americana, Folk Rock )

""

Hello !

The Leisure Society - The Fine Art Of Hanging On ( 2015 )

The Leisure Society is an English rock band formed by Nick Hemming. Nick Hemming's parents originally hail from Tramore, Co. Waterford, Ireland; he himself used to spend summers there and has sung about it in his songs.
Hemming was formerly of early 1990s indie band She Talks to Angels, which included actor Paddy Considine, film director Shane Meadows and bassist Richard Eaton. Hemming wrote and performed music for the films A Room for Romeo Brass and Dead Man's Shoes. He was also a member of The Telescopes.
In 2006 Hemming moved to London to work with multi-instrumentalist and producer Christian Hardy; the pair have subsequently built a live band drawn from members of Brighton's Willkommen Collective and further afield, notably Mike Siddell who previously played violin with Hope of the States and The Miserable Rich and currently performs with Lightspeed Champion and Troubles. Other members of the band played with The Miserable Rich and currently play with Sons of Noel and Adrian and more. ( Wikipedia )

""

Hello !

Ball Park Music - Puddinghead ( 2015 )

Ball Park Music is a five-piece indie rock/pop band based in Brisbane, Australia, made up of frontman Sam Cromack (guitar/vocals), Jennifer Boyce (bass/backing vocals), Paul Furness (keys/trombone), and twins Dean Hanson (guitar/backing vocals) and Daniel Hanson (drums/backing vocals).Puddinghead is the third studio album by Ball Park Music. The album was released on 4 April 2014, the first album to be produced by the band itself. Two singles have been released from the album, "She Only Loves Me When I'm There" and "Trippin' the Light Fantastic". The band promoted the album with two national tours, the Puddinghead Tour in April/May 2014 and the Trippin' the Light Fantastic tour in September/October 2014. The band also embarked on a short European tour in November. ( Wikipedia )

""

Hello !

British India - Nothing Touches Me ( 2015 )

British India are an Australian indie rock and garage rock band. The band formed in Melbourne in 2004, comprising lead vocalist, lyricist and guitarist Declan Melia, guitarist Nic Wilson, bassist Will Drummond and drummer Matt O'Gorman. They have released five studio albums.
The members of British India met at high school, forming when friends Declan Melia and Nic Wilson asked schoolmates Will Drummond and Matt O'Gorman to join their band, whilst attending St. Bede's College, in Melbourne, Australia, in 2004. Reportedly social misfits throughout high school, the band would converge during school lunchtimes and study periods to rehearse and compose in the school music room and as this occurred the quartet played cover versions of songs by the Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, The Beatles, Blur, and Starsailor. The band's name was originally noticed by Wilson on a b-side by Strawberry Alarm Clock. In 2005, after playing regularly across Australia for a year, the band signed with In-Fidelity Recordings and began work on their debut EP, with producer Lindsay Gravina

""

Hello !

Anne Soldaat - Talks Little, Kills Many ( 2015 )

Anne Soldaat (12 February 1965) is a Dutch guitarist, singer and songwriter. Since about 1990, he played guitar in the band Daryll-Ann, who Paulusma and he wrote the music and lyrics for the band split in 2004.
In August 2012, he released his new album "Anne Soldaat" from. In 2014 Soldaat of the recording of the third album began under his own name. Soldaat currently working in North Sound Studio on a new album which should appear around his 50th birthday in early 2015.

Today's album is on Spotify

""

Hello !

Built To Spill - Untethered Moon ( 2015 )

Built to Spill are an American indie rock band based in Boise, Idaho, United States. The band has released eight full-length albums, and its most recent album, Untethered Moon, was released on April 21, 2015. ( Wikipedia )
Built to Spill were one of the most popular indie rock acts of the '90s, finding the middle ground between postmodern, Pavement-style pop and the loose, spacious jamming of Neil Young. From the outset, the band was a vehicle for singer/songwriter/guitarist Doug Martsch, who revived the concept of the indie guitar hero just as Dinosaur Jr.'s J Mascis

( Allmusic )
Untethered Moon is the first Built to Spill record Doug Martsch has released in six years

""

Hello !

Dustin Kensrue - Carry The Fire ( 2015 )

Dustin Michael Kensrue (born November 18, 1980) is a vocalist, lyricist, and rhythm guitarist in the Orange County, California post-hardcore/experimental rock quartet Thrice, as well as a solo artist.
Carry the Fire is the fourth studio album by Dustin Kensrue. Vagrant Records alongside Staple Records released the album on April 21, 2015.

""

Hello !

2015 - News indie-Pop-Rock ( Singles And Albums Extracts )

Since 1st January 2015

( Update : April - 28 )

""

Hello !

Josh Garrels - Home ( 2015 )

Josh Garrels is a singer-songwriter, hip-hop producer, and orchestral folk composer from South Bend, Indiana. His music combines traditional folk music with other musical elements and the nontraditional exploration of Christian themes. He currently lives in Portland, Oregon with his wife and three children. Since 2005 he has co-founded the record label, Small Voice Records and released the albums: Over Oceans, Jacaranda, and Lost Animals. Garrels released his sixth album in June 2011 titled Love & War & The Sea In Between. Christianity Today called the album "prophetic, incisive, achingly human, and longingly spiritual," and rated it as their 2011 Album of The Year. ( Wikipedia )
His last album was released April 7, 2015

""

Hello !

L'Orange, Jeremiah Jae - The Night Took Us In Like family

+  After The Flowers ( EP ) ( 2015 )

Jeremiah Jae is an American rapper and producer from the neighborhood of Jackson Park Highlands in Chicago, Illinois. First signed to the LA label Brainfeeder, in 2007, when the Ann Arbor based producer Samiyam passed on Jae's Lunch Special Part I to Flying Lotus. After a post, and then private message on his MySpace profile, Jae was flown out to LA to work with Flying
The Night Took Us In like Family, his collaborative album with producer L'Orange, will be released on Mello Music Group in 2015........ It is

""""

My Favourite of the year so far

spotify:album:65KwtzkJXw7oT819NFWmEP

hello spiritofradio !

It is a great choice
I love this album!

Thanks !

Susanne Sundfør - Ten Love Songs (2015)

spotify:album:4Mewe6A62ZpJKmVzcaOixy

Hello !

The late call -  Golden ( 2015 )

Johannes Mayer, aka THE LATE CALL, could previously be associated with the typical singer-songwriter. The Stockholm-based, English-singing German has recorded three albums full of sparsely instrumented gems, with at most only hints of piano chords and the slightest accents of percussion. The picked and strummed acoustic guitar in all possible open tunings created the undergrowth above which the voice of the singer wandered. ( http://www.tapeterecords.de )

""

Hello !

Brown Bird - Axis Mundi ( 2015 )

David Lamb formed Brown Bird in 2003 in Seattle, Washington but moved soon thereafter to Portland.The line-up soon included Jerusha Robinson on cello and her husband Jeremy Robinson on multiple instruments. The Robinsons left the group in 2009, leaving Lamb, MorganEve Swain on fiddle, and Mike Samos on lap steel guitar and dobro in the line-up.
In 2010, with the departure of Samos, the band had become a duo.
Brown Bird played the Newport Folk Festival for the first time in 2011 and were then currently based in Providence, Rhode Island.They have toured with The Devil Makes Three.
Brown Bird went on hiatus in early 2013 after David Lamb was diagnosed with leukemia. Lamb died from the disease on April 5, 2014. ( Wikipedia )

"

Hello !

Braids - Deep In The Iris ( 2015 )

Deep in the Iris is the third studio album by the Canadian experimental pop/art rock band Braids. It was released by Arbutus Records and Flemish Eye in Europe on 27 April 2015 and the following day in North America. It has been described as the band's "sunniest and most immediate record".

""

The Decemberists are my latest "Best Band I've Ever Heard........." until the next one! I'd heard one song years ago but I only caught up with them after getting my premium account, who says streaming sites don't let you discover new music eh?? Fortunately I got into them just as they were about to release this album and its been on repeat ever since really.

spotify:album:0GDJEXa8wAflEyA3yIOrl2

Hello !

Johnny Dowd - That's Your Wife On The Back Of My Horse ( 2015 )

Johnny Dowd (born March 29, 1948 in Fort Worth, Texas) is an American alternative country musician from Ithaca, New York. Typical of his style are experimental, noisy breaks in his songs and strong gothic (in the sense of dark and gloomy) elements in the lyrics as well as in the music. There is also a strong undercurrent of black humor and the absurd in his work.

Although his early albums were most celebrated in the alternative country community, he has never quite fit into any particular genre. As a singer-songwriter, his music is more often compared to that of Tom Waits, Nick Cave and Captain Beefheart. ( Wikipedia )

""

Hello !

Blur - The Magic Whip ( 2015 )

The Magic Whip is the eighth studio album by the English rock band Blur. It was released by Parlophone on 27 April 2015 and Warner Bros. Records on 28 April 2015. It is the band's first studio album since Think Tank (2003), marking the longest gap between two studio albums in their career.
The cover of the album features the Chinese words of 模糊 魔鞭, which literally means Blur Magic-whip in neon-lit fashion. Art director Tony Hung, who also created the lyric video for Go Out, the first track to be released from the album, met with frontman Damon Albarn in early 2015 to discuss the album artwork and was shown photos and ephemera from the singer's travels in Hong Kong. Albarn also explained how the album came into being and his thoughts around it. "The album title The Magic Whip he explained was multifaceted," says Hung. "An ice cream in the UK, a firework in China and a 'whip' in a political sense. These extremes would reflect the different textures, breadth and depth of the album." Hung says that the band wanted a cover that touched on those themes and that also had a "rawer feel" to give a sense of how the record came together in Hong Kong (the band recorded quickly, in a small studio in the city).
The album has received universal acclaim from British and American music critics. At Metacritic, which assigns a normalized rating out of 100 to reviews from critics, the album received an average score of 82, indicating "universal acclaim", based on 30 reviews. DIY magazine critic Stephen Ackroyd stated: "Their magic remains as strong as ever

( Wikipedia )

""

JOEBOT, lovingly handmade by MattSuda - I'm not the only sexy rock star, there are plenty of others that are happy to help you out. Just look for the star by their name.
-
I AM NOT AN EMPLOYEE OF SPOTIFY AB. I am just a thirteen year old child trying to help out. I am not paid to help or say any views of Spotify AB or any of it's affiliates, so the least that you could do is share some kudos, or, if I helped you out, mark my post as a solution. It makes me all fuzzy inside

Suggested posts