Best indie songs of 2014

Re : Best indie songs of 2014

user-removed
Not applicable

Hello!

Gruff Rhys - American Interior

American Interior is the fourth solo album by Gruff Rhys, released on 5 May 2014. It is a concept album based on the life of the explorer John Evans. It peaked at number 24 in the UK.( Wikipedia )

gareth8
Roadie

Really liking this new one from Asylums; I think it'll be high up in my Best of 2014 list

user-removed
Not applicable

Hello !

Ben Howard - I forget where we were ( 2014 )

Benjamin John "Ben" Howard (born 24 May 1987) is an English singer-songwriter. He self-released his debut EP Games in the Dark (2008) followed by two more EPs, These Waters (2009) and Old Pine (2010). He is currently signed to Island and Communion.[1][2] His major debut studio album came in 2011 titled Every Kingdom followed by two more EP releases, Ben Howard Live (2011) and The Burgh Island E.P. (2012). He performed at 2013 Glastonbury festival on the Pyramid Stage on Saturday 29 June. He released his second studio album, I Forget Where We Were, in October( Wikipedia )

Some songs to choose from in this beautiful album

user-removed
Not applicable

Hello !

Thurston Moore - the best day ( 2014 )

The Best Day, Thurston Moore’s first solo record since 2010’s Demolished Thoughts, radiates with both his signature dynamism of dense thrashing electric guitars as well as blissful 12-string acoustic ballads. Recorded with Thurston's current band line-up of James Sedwards (guitars, UK), Deb Googe (of My Bloody Valentine, bass, UK) and Steve Shelley (Sonic Youth, drums, USA), there are also a some tracks that feature all instrumentation by Thurston. ( Matador )

Some nice nuggets to classify the best indie songs of 2014

user-removed
Not applicable

Hello !

Rick Redbeard

Dreams Of The Trees ( 2014 )

Rick Anthony's ( Alias Rick Redbeard ) first release since last year's critically-acclaimed 'No Selfish Heart' LP (Chemikal Underground) that Uncut magazine called "Superb... beautiful.... a glorious album [9/10]" and The List claimed was "Something akin to a masterpiece". These three new songs show the side of Anthony that he's been exploring between shifts at his day job as singer of Glasgow late-aughts indie rock stalwarts The Phantom Band. Soft and entrancing, limited to /300 hand-numbered copies. ( http://www.roughtrade.com )

user-removed
Not applicable

Hello !

George Ezra - Wanted On Voyage ( 2014 )

Another client for " Best Indie songs of 2014 "

Paddy2013
Casual Listener

Is it pedantic to say that George Ezra song was out last year? Anyway here's my suggestion

user-removed
Not applicable

Hello! Paddy2013

That's right, the single "Budapest" was released in 2013 ... Sorry!

Thanks !

George Ezra Barnett (born 7 June 1993) is an English singer-songwriter.

Releasing two EPs, Did You Hear the Rain? in October 2013 and Cassy O' in March 2014, Ezra rose to prominence with the release of his hit single "Budapest" in November 2013. "Budapest" reached the top ten in numerous countries around the world, reaching number one in Austria, New Zealand and the Czech Republic. ( Wikipedia )

But Also

"Budapest" is a single by British singer-songwriter George Ezra, from his debut studio album, Wanted on Voyage (2014). It was released as the album's lead single on 13 December 2013 in Italy, and on 13 June 2014 in the United Kingdom. The song was co-written by Ezra with Joel Pott and produced by Cam Blackwood.( Wikipedia )

user-removed
Not applicable

Hello !

Winterpills are an indie rock band from Northampton, Massachusetts, United States.

The latest album is called "Echolia" ( October 2014 )

TommyWesters
Roadie

Added Sisters by Radical Face to the Top 100 Indie Songs 2014.

http://www.gothenburgsessions.com
https://www.facebook.com/GothenburgSessions
SUGGESTED POSTS