Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Best song you ever heard being performed live?

Best song you ever heard being performed live?

Hey folks!

It's that time of year again - the leaves are turning orange, and festival season has sadly come to a close. I didn't make it to any of the big ones this year, but managed to go to a pretty cool local one that was chock-full of talent! As I search my concerts tab for some cool gigs nearby, it's got me wondering... what's the best song you've ever heard live? Have you ever seen a live performance that changed your opinion on an artist? Or do you have a special track that brings back memories of a gig that absolutely blew your mind?

For me, Scotland's T in the Park back in 2011 brought so many phenomenal performances that it's impossible to name them all. Coldplay's Fix You gave me goosebumps, and Bruno Mars' whole set was the most energetic thing I've ever seen. A particular highlight was Foo Fighters refusing to go through the charade of an encore. This gave them time to fit in an extra song...

spotify:track:40Gxnw5Vc8hnhGFknXHe3R

But the most memorable gig I ever attended was last year at The Union Chapel in Islington, London. It was the launch party for Passenger's charity album Whispers II. This little church gig was so intimate, that he was able to step away from the mic and unplug his guitar, and we could still hear him perfectly. I'll never forget it.

spotify:track:1rQ2P9i3NidSURoxCTq3wU

I'd love to hear your best gig stories, and the songs attached to them!

24 Replies

Best song i have ever heard live up to date was Wasted Years by Iron Maiden on their "Book of Souls Tour" in 2016. They Came to the Bell Center in Montreal and played an amazing show! Can't wait to see them again hopefully next year!!

Enjoy,

StevenMadden

<iframe src="https://embed.spotify.com/?uri=spotify%3Atrack%3A4PSiPZp8MYMDZzuBhCLgc6" width="300" height="380" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

TEXT eg. MY SPOTIFY PROFILE

spotify:track:7AG0gOivE1nbgEIs4bdgVI

I'd waited so so long to see them live and they opened with this, my favourite song of theirs. I was in heaven! 🙂

Apocalypse Dreams - Tame Impala this past June in Brooklyn. The whole show had an incredible light show synchronized to music in the background which just added to the epicness of each song. However, this closer was just outstanding. Explosive, mesmerizing, and beautiful.

https://open.spotify.com/track/6mn0sw5UCR6DHZtuB82ft7

Sound choice, @sgee10 - excited to hear more from Kevin Parker soon. Looks like he's producing the latest Pond record... Another great live act from down under.

Suggested posts