[Blog] #MusicMonday March / April '19 Review

Highlighted

[Blog] #MusicMonday March / April '19 Review

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

For many years, I've used the hashtag #MusicMonday to share some music recommendations from up-and-coming artists. Always fresh, and always different, trying to look for trends before they become one. You can check February's review, or my 2018 My Year In Music to see some of my more recent posts.

This month, let's take a trip around North America for two month's worth of new music, with a few words from the artists themselves:

Savannah Sgro - Phobia

From Las Vegas, NV. here's a pop song about the fears if love. In her own words:

"My friends and I were talking about how we are in the longest relationships of our whole lives... and how that's very scary sometimes haha! We were talking about the feeling of each other's boyfriend waking up one day and just leaving or feeling like we won't be good enough one day and just doubts that come with being in a long term relationship."

spotify:track:5GjGfeUwlQdrXX6ovgsdCU:small

Dror - Tryna Be

Coming up, from Austin, Texas, some soul pop about how superficial college life can be:

"It is a way for me to express how I felt at several times in college. I always wanted to pursue music, but felt like the bubble I was in wasn't a good environment for it, so I often felt out of place for not wanting the same things as people around me. I wrote the song one night when I decided I didn't want to keep going out and partying without making any moves and working on my music. It's really a song for anyone that's ever felt like they don't belong or wanted more for themselves than what their environment offered."

spotify:track:16TWbGjlwTmVqLYIkqwYtI:small

Lisle - You're Why Baby

Once in a while,  classic songs, like this canadian gem, get a proper re-release. Dan Stephens, member of Lisle, tells a little bit about the song:

"Back in the day, at the start of recording, we basically made our first 45 predominately to sell off the stage on our gigs... Our producer suggested we do one of our most popular songs on one side and a "new" song on the other to see what happened, if anything, broadcast wise. The initial push was "You're why, Baby", a song that, I believe (if memory serves me well), was chosen by him, but the radio industry flipped it and started playing "Goin' Away', which hit....and I don't think we even played "You're Why, Baby" live afterwards..."

spotify:track:6Mo6tsn3AsevfIrWCeRwEe:small

(Un)expected - Running In Circles

From Queretaro, Mexico, a pop rock song about the obsessions of love:

"It was inspired on the love experiences of our singer. She had the lyrics and the main rhythm. Once she showed us the melody, we started to build up the whole track."

spotify:track:4gdaz1RCwrA2ZcuI79eRnr:small

North Of South - Montreux

As a bonus, one last stop out of the continent for a melodic, jazzy, instrumental track from Spain.

spotify:track:0SI7kgyN0QSn7stHhoV7Vu:small

Listen to them and much more on the complete Playlist

spotify:user:osornios:playlist:2IYRLjcwf2X9vC0QrI0b0P

See you next month!

osorniosRock Star 22
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
5 Replies

Re: [Blog] #MusicMonday March / April '19 Review

aleabbuehl
Regular

Very good songs!!!! Good choice and taste!

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

Glad you liked them! :)

osorniosRock Star 22
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

-d1z5_jm75n2l
Roadie

Some great tunes in here!

SteeSePuede
Music Fan

This may not be exactly what your into but I hope you like it.  

https://open.spotify.com/track/4JWAEGtiGXQYjJqkCzwnal?si=5mkXqixZT3Kethu7mt8MUw

SteeSePuede
Music Fan

Hey,

I love this!  You think you could give my song a listen?  If you like it it would be awesome if you could write a little bout it . Thanks.  

https://open.spotify.com/track/4JWAEGtiGXQYjJqkCzwnal?si=xE5D3WaaSoasaMX-VgBawQ

SUGGESTED POSTS