Breakout Artists of 2016. Tell Me Your Picks!

Highlighted

Breakout Artists of 2016. Tell Me Your Picks!

thejasonman
Music Fan

Can't deny that there's a lot of music made every week especially because of how easy spotify has made it for any artsits out there to spread there music. I was just wondering who you guys think are the artists that had a breakout song/album this year? Can be mainstream or indie. These could be artists that you have been following for a while or DJs that have had a bit of exposure on soundcloud. 

Some of my picks are Léon, Raleigh Ritchie, HONNE, Gallant, DJ Snake, LANY, Zak Abel, Sebastian Kole, Chance the Rapper, Seeb, JP Cooper, Elephante, Clean Cut Kid and a lot more!  

14 Replies

Re: Breakout Artists of 2016. Tell Me Your Picks!

crematedman
Community Legend

@thejasonman Lewis Del Mar is one of my favourites!

xandromedax
Regular

EDEN. I have been following EDEN for about a year now since he posted his first music video in collaboration with the youtube channel Mr.SuicideSheep. Since then he has released an ep, merch, vynils and has toured through Europe and the US. He really deserves all of this his music is amazing.

thejasonman
Music Fan

@crematedman yeah I like Lewis Del Mar! His track "Painting(Masterpiece)" is awesome man!

bfhansol

HONNE and StalkingGia are some of my picks.

prettylush83
Regular

Definetly Swain, they changed their name this year from This Routine is H3LL and released the album 'The Long Dark Blue' which is a fantastic melodic punk/grunge sounding album. This is a real big change in sound for the band since as their previous album was a lot more of a hardcore punk sound, if you dig the old 90's Alt sounds like Nirvana and Dinosaur Jr or even some more modern bands like Fked up, this is for you.

trisha4grace201
Casual Listener

I am the biggest fan of all of Taylor Swift music. I seriously think she should be the best female music singer of 2016.

Rodrigo
Community Legend

I've recently discovered Jon Bellion via discover weekly and oh. my. god. This guys is amazing! The lyrics, the melody, it clicked with me so fast!

He's been out there for a while (he has some mixtapes on souncloud) but from what I understood, The Human Condition (2016) is his debut studio album.

Spotify only has that album and his previous mixtape, The Definition (I really recommend giving the songs Carry Your Throne and Simple & Sweet a try). 

I also highly recommend checking out The Separation (specially a song called Ungrateful Eyes) and Translations Through Speakers on Soundcloud.

spotifydetroit
Regular

<iframe width="200" height="25" src="https://embed.spotify.com/follow/1/?uri=spotify%3Aartist%3A1xwNYaTQEqt0DtsbUoC7ne&amp;size=basic&amp..." scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden;" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

narigon
Regular

Dumb Hole, the most immense and "in your face" rock duo to ever have walked the earth..., has just released their debut album and it´s a killer! If you are into alternative/modern rock, post grunge kind of stuff, this is a must!

Check them out:

spotify:artist:18V5MZhF4Coubi8aRbqqr7

SUGGESTED POSTS