Censored music

Highlighted

Censored music

Whyi
Casual Listener
Why has my music became censored all of a sudden i would listen to no love and then when its about to cuss it would go quite and it never did that and i looked in the album and there wasn't an explicit version any suggestions guys?
2 Replies

Re: Censored music

Badwolf86
Casual Listener

I noticed this with some of my music as well. The most noticable being

The Lonely Island – Turtleneck & Chain

It even says EXPLICIT in the titles for the tracks, yet they're clearly the edited versions. I know a few days ago they were not censored for sure

Edit: on using my own link this seems to be a proble with the desktop client. As the web client does play the correct version. I actually dont even se an option for the other album version in the desktop client

Re: Censored music

Badwolf86
Casual Listener

Okay I found the problem / workaround fix for this, as stupid as it is.

The problem is the track IDs (however they are identified by the servers) must have changed, so the old IDs now link to the edited song rather than the correct, unedited version.

If you are using the app or the desktop client you may not be able to choose the correct version, but the web version seems to have all the correct info. So the workaround is to simply use the web client to create your playlists, then you can play them off whatever you want as it will now have the correct song IDs.

This is a really stupid problem to have and an even stupider way to have to fix it Spotify. I know you guys have a long of songs you're managing and a lot of server management. But maybe if there is a change to the file a song ID(or URL) links to, there should be some way to let the user know. Maybe a little exclamation mark next to a song saying "The file this links to has changed" Stupid little issues like this are a quick way to lose people to services which dont have these issues, like Rdio and Google Music

SUGGESTED POSTS