Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Classic Of The Week....Scenery Ryo Fukui!!!

Classic Of The Week....Scenery Ryo Fukui!!!

Hi...here two good reviews that I want to share about this great album Lost In Time: A retrospective on Ryo Fukui’s ‘Scenery’ and Scenery”: Retrospective of a Jazz Masterpiece both pretty similar.

And since we don’t have this album at Spotify the only way I have to listen to it is this Ryo Fukui - Scenery 1976 (Full Album at Youtube)

But I have this Playlist with the tracks (except one Early Summer) the he use for his album.

spotify:user:12147319523:playlist:6DQPyyta1uZqyY6mMJDPrk

My recomendation is to listen to the real album it's a great work, enjoy it!!!

JpgchiefRock Star 14
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
6 Replies

Nice, @Jpgchief

Not sure how far you've delved into improvised / free jazz previously, but I've compiled a definitive list of the seminal players and pioneers of the genre in a playlist of my own.

spotify:user:05jstevens:playlist:011Y9ME7qOApiBeEKz7bFy:small

Also, this record by Binker & Moses is in my albums of the year already. The second disc contains collaborations with Evan Parker and Yussef Kamaal, living legends on the European Jazz circuit today.

spotify:album:58TYOraDNvrGe9nebYtI0C:small

It'd be awesome to get some more Jazz talked about on the Community, it ain't dead!

I would love to @Jack, love jazz and obviously isn’t death at all, and happy to check out your Playlist and the album that you share with us….thanks so much!!!

JpgchiefRock Star 14

My current understanding is that Woody Allen actually does own the rights to the particular album.  Is it correct then that someone would need to contact his group to determine if they would host through Spotify? 
I would guess since it is on YouTube they've simply decided to make it publicly available, but I don't know enough about liscensing.

I was also surprised to find out, oh about four years ago (2016), Scenery was not available on Spotify. 

Not sure how long its been, but folks we got it! 

https://open.spotify.com/album/5Uny0mkKiVGDat7H6SNDyS?si=-3Sws8HFT1mPnDzDroDp-w

Wow!!!

Thanks @mrcreaturezoid 

Jpgchief_1-1580662764842.png

JpgchiefRock Star 14

Well I always like The King Repairs for Oklahoma Computer Repair in OKC.

Suggested posts