Collaborative Playlist Option While Using browser Version

Highlighted

Collaborative Playlist Option While Using browser Version

Casual Listener

I am not allowed to install Spotify's software on my work machine, so I listen to Spotify using their browser based version http://play.spotify.com.

I can create playlists, but I cannot find the option to make them collaborative like I can on the desktop software version I have at home.

On the desktop software version you right click the playlist and an option to make the playlist collaborative comes up, but you cannot right click a playlist on the browser version.

Can anyone inform me where the button/drop down menu exists?

Thanks

7 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Collaborative Playlist Option While Using browser Version

Roadie

I use Explorer but also use Chrome but not as my main browser, is there a way to use Chrome without making it default browser??

Highlighted

Community Legend

When chrome starts up, doesn't it say that it's not the default browser and ask if you want it to be?

Highlighted

Roadie

No it just says you dont have the right browser, i dont want chrome as my default broswer YET!  as my password

program seem to be only  explorer. I would switch to chrome for spotify bu not yet as defaul   will figure it out as

their current app is mostly OK, so i dont need the broswer version.  thanks for asking

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I have the same issue.

At home, my Spotify has a different look that gives me more to work with. But at work, I have a ChromeBox. With Chrome's Spotify app, there's no Inbox tab/folder AND I have no collaborative option to add to any playlists either. I think it's just Chrome and the http://play.spotify.com version. I'm not very happy about it.

Highlighted

Community Legend

@AKaestner wrote:

I have the same issue.

At home, my Spotify has a different look that gives me more to work with. But at work, I have a ChromeBox. With Chrome's Spotify app, there's no Inbox tab/folder AND I have no collaborative option to add to any playlists either. I think it's just Chrome and the http://play.spotify.com version. I'm not very happy about it.

The web player is only in beta, not a proper release yet so things being missing/broken is almost expected. There isn't even high quality streaming for premium customers yet!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

That's super helpful to know. I wasn't even aware that it was still in beta. Makes more sense now as to why it's so limited. I'm really hoping they add the inbox folder, collaborative option, and something to allow better following. 

Highlighted

Regular
Thank you for finally clarifying that. Me and my frien want to make a collaborative Prince Tribute Playlist, but could not figure it out on the Web Player.
Ended up just downloading it on PC do I could do it
SUGGESTED POSTS