Collaborative Rockpalast playlist

Collaborative Rockpalast playlist

hans-jürgen
Roadie

Hi, I'm building a collaborative Rockpalast playlist based on my Last.fm "rockpalast" tags I created for the related Last.fm Rockpalast user group. So this might become a better tag and/or group radio than the available radio stations on Last.fm using YouTube videos in their web player now. The playlist is already featuring most of the available original Rockpalast live CDs on Spotify, and I also tried to recreate the setlists of my favorite bands back then whenever possible using mainly live recordings. Rockpalastarchiv and Setlist.fm are still hosting many of the old Rockpalast setlists.

For those who never heard of Rockpalast, it is a German TV live concert show by the WDR in Cologne which started in the 70s, so it has broadcast thousands of bands till now, see also the English Wikipedia article. Here is the link to the playlist which contains 766 songs resulting in 56 hr 40 min at the moment: Rockpalast

2 Replies

Re: Collaborative Rockpalast playlist

user-removed
Not applicable

Here is one to add a live offering from Michael Schenker Group from Rockpalast: Hard Rock Legends Vol 2 (Live At Markthalle Hamburg, 24.01.81)

Highlighted

Re: Collaborative Rockpalast playlist

hans-jürgen
Roadie

Hi Jay, thanks for answering! I wonder why I did not get a notification about it though, neither in my PM inbox nor as an email. Are Music Chat threads not automatically included in the notifications? Anyhow, I listened to the Michael Schenker Group gig before, but thought it was not as good as the one from UFO where he played guitar as well, some titles were similar, too, so I left it out. But if you think it is necessary to be on that playlist, go ahead and add it, it's collaborative, you know... ;-)

By the way, more than 1,000 songs today, more than 68 hours now. It's of course more or less a personal collection from those many bands, because it would become too large otherwise. But like mentioned before, I declared it collaborative, so others can add something if they want.

SUGGESTED POSTS