Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Community Playlist Competition [CLOSED]

Solved!

Community Playlist Competition [CLOSED]

[This competition is now closed. Thanks to everyone who took part!]

Hello everyone!

We're pleased to announce our very first Community competition. Enter, and you stand a chance of winning a pair of exclusive 'Spotify green' Urbanears headphones. Surely a must-have for your summer wardrobe, as modelled by our office mascot, Phillipe, below.

photo.JPG

To win, you'll need to get a bit creative. Use your imagination to come up with a playlist that tells a story, poem or something else entirely. Check out spotifypoetry.tumblr.com for the kind of thing we'd like to see. We like surprises too.

Just post the playlist in this thread. The preferred method of entry would the the playlist's HTTP code, so we can view it in our Spotify. Just right click on the playlist title in your Spotify, click on 'Copy HTTP code', and post below.

We'll then draw up a shortlist to let everyone vote on the top five to decide the overall winner.

The deadline for entries closes on 20/6/2012 and we'll post the shortlist soon after.

Good luck!

Rules:
1. One entry per person
2. Only entries received before 20/6/2012 at 18.00 CEST will be counted.
3. Spotify employees will decide which playlists go into the final poll.
4. Whoever receives the most votes in the poll at 16.00 CEST on 22/6/2012 will win the headphones. In the event of a tie, Spotify employees will judge the winner.
5. Any unsportsmanlike behaviour (breaking rules, cheating on poll) will result in disqualification.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
99 Replies

An Oasis Of Indiepop

A project that I've been working on for a while. Gets quite frequent updates as well!

Hope some of you likes it!

An oasis of indiepop. Upd. 16 June

Where the Story Ends (a conversation)

Embedded Version messes with the order, its:

Staind – It's Been Awhile
Lifehouse – You And Me
John Mayer – All We Ever Do Is Say Goodbye
Audioslave – Nothing Left To Say But Goodbye
Slow Club – There Is No Good Way To Say I'm Leaving You
John Mayer – Who Says
The Shins – So Says I
Russian Red – My Love Is Gone
Neil Young – Tell Me Why
Coconut Records – It's Not You It's Me
Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers – I Should Have Known It
The Weepies – Love Doesn't Last Too Long
Russian Red – Girls Just Want To Have Fun
The White Stripes – You Don’t Know What Love Is (You Just Do As You’re Told)
Jamestown Story – I'm Sorry
A Day To Remember – It's Complicated
Jamestown Story – Don't Go
Jamestown Story – Don't Say Goodbye
James Blunt – Stay The Night
The Killers – I Can't Stay
My Chemical Romance – I Don't Love You
Badly Drawn Boy – Is There Nothing We Could Do ?
Frou Frou – Let Go
The Hold Steady – Stay Positive
Death Cab for Cutie – You Can Do Better Than Me
Barry Louis Polisar – All I Want Is You
Ted Lennon – Nothin's Changed
Wildlife Control – People Change
Russian Red – The Memory Is Cruel
Colin Hay – I Just Don't Think I'll Ever Get Over You
Editors – An End Has A Start
Death Cab for Cutie – Someday You Will Be Loved
Jack White – I Guess I Should Go to Sleep
Shinedown – Call Me
Sick Puppies – Maybe
10 Years – So Long, Good-bye
The Killers – Goodnight, Travel Well

Pearl Snaps III: Romanticism

pearlsnaps_romanticism_spotify.png

For when you want to love again

Here is an 80s dance music playlist that I put together to promote the virtual 80s dance club, Electric Avenue.  It happens on the first Saturday of each month on turntable.fm. It is mostly alternative and new wave dance music, but there are a few pop gems in here too. Click the pic for the playlist 🙂  

If you are in the USA and love 80s dance music, come join us July, 7!

http://playlistprofessional.com/electric-avenue/

-------------------------------------
The Stream Lab is a guide for streaming music festivals, concerts, clubs, and DJs. Watch as it happens live from around the globe, FREE! We also have a kick-ass Spotify profile!

This is my definition of a boombastic playlist: http://open.spotify.com/user/1113962835/playlist/44PLV0KmxT35tNstFbJuJy

"Moving to LA" - a playlist that describes the story of a Bay Area native who takes his chances in Southern California. Enjoy.

"Moving to LA" - A Poem

Short story about love

Smiley LOL Hope you like it!

Hi!

Here is my playlist. Great for party's 🙂 from abba to happy hardcore. 

spotify community Here my story of a day with your girl, starting it alone.

here is my playlist.. Everyone is framilair with "Better Man" by Pearl Jam. Well turn it on and follow along with my words for the song as the track title............................makes you curious?? you will enjoy this one!!!!!!!

Better Man.....

I made this list of political protest rock songs: Protest Rock Songs

Every day, one of my best mates and me are "donating" a song that we believe is special in a shared playlist. In the last two weeks of the year, we shortlist our mutual playlist, to end up with a TOP 10 of that year. Songs don't need to be current, but need to have that special something that makes music so great. The final TOP 10 needs to create that feeling with both of us. Check out our great TOP 10 of 2011, named TOP 10 2011 LarsenMollie: TOP10 2011 LarsenMollie

http://open.spotify.com/user/wallofdolls/playlist/1OG4hjktGW6W04b4lTLUig

This is my best hits list. I had some other candidates, but I think they are too obscure for the broader audience 😛

Here's my playlist...

GIRLS LIKE YOU

Hope you like it

Cheers

Matias

DMDM - Which entry of yours do you want to enter? The competition rules only allow one entry per person.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Suggested posts