Content team does nothing @ Spotify

Highlighted

Content team does nothing @ Spotify

user-removed
Not applicable

I contacted to Spotify, because they suggest to report content and sound errors with Contact form. I got a response they will look into it and fix those problems.

Yes, they look to, but they don't fix... I posted some meta data and sound problems and all those still unfixed... So Spotify trying to say they look into it still year after?

For example these albums sound as poor as year ago:

Valeriya – Во мне моя любовь (Vo Mne Moya Lyubov')

Petri Nygård – Kaikkee Pitää Olla

Tags unfixed:

Maija Vilkkumaa – Prinsessa jää
Anniina Karjalainen – Prinsessa jää

Jää is a name of princess, should be Prinsessa Jää!!! Maija Vilkkumaa is original singer/songwriter to this song. Second singer is just Idols crap.

Chorale – Sama Tunne (Radio Mix) - Radio Mix
Chorale – Sama Tunne (Hard Mix) - Hard Mix
Chorale – Sama Tunne (Bounce Camp RMX) - Bounce Camp RMX

You know, Sama Tunne (Radio Mix) etc. no this Spotify tag crap like below. I contacted to record label months ago and they sayd Spotify change tags!!! And they sayd Spotify ask to send right tags. How in the earth they can send to you right tags if you autochange those to this crap???

Record label sended tracks in this format:

Chorale – Sama Tunne (Radio Mix)
Chorale – Sama Tunne (Hard Mix)
Chorale – Sama Tunne (Bounce Camp RMX)

How in the hell this is possible that right tags are in Spotify that **bleep**ty. Fix your crappy system and do not use tools like Gracenote **bleep**.

Spotify you sleep?

And seriously where is tool we can report those problems in SPOTIFY without this contact form. Are you kidding with this contact form? Who on the earth use will use or realise to use contact form to report meta data problems?

4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Content team does nothing @ Spotify

Roadie

Apparently Spotify can't change the metadata, only the content provider can resubmit with the correct data.  I'm honestly not sure if I buy that... and if it is really the case that is a bad system.

I definitely agree though - their metdata leaves much to be desired.

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

Absolutely!

But heck, the record label send meta data to this track:

Chorale – Sama Tunne (Radio Mix)
Chorale – Sama Tunne (Hard Mix)
Chorale – Sama Tunne (Bounce Camp RMX)

And Spotify autochange it with Gracenote **bleep** to this:

Chorale – Sama Tunne (Radio Mix) - Radio Mix
Chorale – Sama Tunne (Hard Mix) - Hard Mix
Chorale – Sama Tunne (Bounce Camp RMX) - Bounce Camp RMX

The main problem is that Spotify autochange those tags, even if those are right! Look at Deezer, they have almost in all songs (Radio Edit) when Spotify - Radio Edit.

Highlighted

Roadie

Also, what is the deal with the multiple artists on some new albums lately?  For example, look at the new Cat Power and The xx.  They have the artist listed twice.  This makes it look horrible in playlists, and also messes up scrobbling if you use a Squeezebox and presumably Sonos, since it reports the artist as The xx, The xx

The metadata on Spotify is truly a mess.

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

Yes!!!

They need some folks that fix this mess of data.

SUGGESTED POSTS