[Discuss] "I follow people on Spotify because.."

Highlighted

Re: [Discuss] "I follow people on Spotify because.."

Music Fan

Thank you for your interest, but I personally consider musical tastes to be a private matter to keep to onesself or shared very discretely. Just my personal opinion. Everybody's mileage will vary of course and there is nothing wrong about it.

Highlighted

Community Legend
Hi Tasha Banks. Maybe you should start a new topic to get tips on how to maximise your playlists exposure if that's what you're looking to do. But have to agree seeing the same message popping up from you does seem a bit like spamming. Playlists.net is a great way to maximise your playlists exposure especially if they review or feature it. Hope this helps with your work competition!

Highlighted

Music Fan

Follow for a follow on Spotify 

https://play.spotify.com/user/1180552900

Highlighted

Roadie

Hello!

I follow people on Spotify for exposure, opportunity, to reach out, and just for fun. I love Spotify, equally for its "everpresence" and its social aspects. Two of my favorite features of Spotify are Messages and [an app] Soundrop. With these, and with Follow, I get to be clued into my peers' world of music, as well as share songs specifically with my Spotify buddies. Sharing is like a instantaneous way of making my friends a mix tape.

Of course, I value my privacy! For an example, I do not use my real name nor connect my Spotify with Facebook. I connect with "strangers" from all over the world! It is so wonderful to listen to the genres of the world. This is why I follow people on Spotify.

As well, I cherish the "Sharing" preferences. When I intend to listen to my guilty pleasures or a song that I listen to *over and over again*, I make sure to keep it on the down-low by withholding my broadcasts from fellow followers! Just the same, when I'm "not in the mood" to be bothered with "The Feed," particularly in the evenings (I listen to music to relax, to focus, and it's personal, but not a social time), I hide the Activity Feed for a while.

As @SonicDr pointed out,

@SonicDr wrote:
That's why I came to Spotify, because it allows users to customize their level of involvment and the like. Truely. something for everyone.

Indeed, the high customizability is why I stick with Spotify over any other music service. This, plus their virtually infinite music library. 🙂

To me, it's a joy to see a stream of listening activity of those I follow. It's a joy to see updated playlists daily and as the months go on! It's sometimes a disappointment to me when I don't see new activity. 😞

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

~katsumii

Without music, life would B♭
Highlighted

Music Fan

because of their good music i guess

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I really like the idea of following friends on spotify. I acutally follow a lot of guys there but unfortunatley not a lot of friends seem to engage a lot over spotify (at least in my community).

It would be nice to find out more about the music taste of my friends. I have the feeling that there are still much suprises to be seen 😉

Highlighted

I follow artists because I want to know when they release something new and because the web player is terrible for conveniently keeping track of bands you'd like to listen to or want to remember.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

...because I don't. I also don't see myself ever doing that. There is always Twitter and Pinterest for that. 

Highlighted

Community Legend

There are two answers for this..

i follow my facebook friends not just to know what are they listening to, but to expand my options on music not everything may be good to me, but it's better to know so than never listening to it and say i don't like it... i don't follow all my facebook friends, just some i know they have a reasonable taste in music..

Artist:

i follow everyartist i like so i can keep track on them, if they come to my city or something i went to a dreamtheater concert just because i saw it on spotify then on the research i had the oportunity to win the tickets, lol...

plus, i get to discover some new things thanks to the related artist options, it would be nice if i could classify my following artist, but i already suggested that on the right forum...

hope it was useful.. 

I have a thing for crazy music, follow me to listen to check out my playlists..

If you like the post, please give KUDOS.
If i help you with something, accept as a solution, will be awesome..

Feel free to send a friend request, music network is infinite...

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

I really like following people on Spotify. My Following to Follower ratio is currently 104:19 and I have no shame at all hahaha

I personally think that knowing what kind of music a person listens to tells you a lot about that person. When I can see what kind of music my friends and acquaintances are listening to, I get a better idea of how I should communicate and interact with them when I encounter them in person, and know what kind of music to listen to when I have them over at my place. It's also a great way of discovering new music. If I'm following somebody I respect or like a lot, I will often randomly play a song they listened to and every now and then I'll stumble across a gem.

Tl:DR: I love the following aspect of Spotify!

SUGGESTED POSTS