Do random albums dissappear?

Do random albums dissappear?

wlievens
Music Fan

I was looking for an album to listen to that I had before. Now all of a sudden under the artist, the album is not there, and songs/tracks also ...poof , gone.   Is this a typical thing? I have never noticed it before (but this artist only has 2 abums I think, so it makes it more noticable).

Can anyone explain?

And on a broader qeustion, how does a album get into spotify or what dictates which songs are available versus ones that are not in the system? There are some albums and singles and occassionally artists that just are not there.

Thanks

3 Replies

Re: Do random albums dissappear?

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

If a song ever disappears from a playlist, you will still be able to see it. Make sure you go into the Spotify settings and make sure "hide unplayable tracks" is not turned on. The song will be greyed out, but you will have peace of mind knowing that the song is at lease still in your playlist to keep track of it. 

If an album or song is no longer visible, it is most likely because the artist and their record label has decided to remove it from Spotify.

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label. Since they own the music, they get to decide where they want their music available.

Spotify has no control over what content is available.

Sometimes it is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others.
Sometimes the album or song will be unavailable temporary, and come back again later.

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

wlievens
Music Fan

make sense.  Must be that the artist removed it.  Thanks

@MattSuda wrote:

If a song ever disappears from a playlist, you will still be able to see it. Make sure you go into the Spotify settings and make sure "hide unplayable tracks" is not turned on. The song will be greyed out, but you will have peace of mind knowing that the song is at lease still in your playlist to keep track of it. 

If an album or song is no longer visible, it is most likely because the artist and their record label has decided to remove it from Spotify.

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label. Since they own the music, they get to decide where they want their music available.

Spotify has no control over what content is available.

Sometimes it is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others.
Sometimes the album or song will be unavailable temporary, and come back again later.

Highlighted

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

You're welcome

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS