Do you think small albums are the future?

Do you think small albums are the future?

teo13g
Roadie

Seeing albums like Daytona from Pusha T and Ye from Kanye West being only 7 tracks i think more albums from other labels will come out like this.I actually like it more in my opinion.Instead of having big cash grab for streams albums with 2-3 good songs you can have albums with only decent songs and listen all the album as a whole easier (I listen albums while on the bus every day).What's your opinion on this?

2 Replies

Re: Do you think small albums are the future?

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Well that's a good question and it's true, I also see this tendency.

Listening to albums is getting replaced by listening to playlists, especially on streaming platforms and media players that support playlist forming and play queues. So for an artist it makes sense to release less material at once. Many even release lots of singles or EP's instead.

When it comes to quality of songs, then I guess best bits get published within an album and the rest are probably released as b-sides or rarities.

It doesn't matter to me that much though as I like to listen to whole albums as well as playlists. 20+ track albums do tire me in the end though. :)

Another thing that contributes to album listening is that Foobar doesn't make queuing easy, but it will play everything that's highlighted. So it's easy to highlight an album. lol

(queuing is highlighting a selection of tracks using Ctrl)

SebastyRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Re: Do you think small albums are the future?

Maldo
Roadie

Hay opiniones muy diversas en cuanto a la. cantidad de tracks por album. Si bien es cierto que una mayor cantidad de tracks implica un mayor costo, tiene sus pro y sus contra. 

En lo personal, es difícil escuchar un álbum completo. Unos siempre terminar escuchando 2 o 3 canciones del álbum que son las que más te pegan, así que si le veo sentido a publicar los small albums. 

SUGGESTED POSTS