Energy Music

Energy Music

elchemaca
Regular

I've been running too many sports events, and always have problem choosing the right music. It seems my playlist is exhausted, some of my clients even recognized some of the song (at first it was okay) but later on they seems to get bored with it. I prepared this playlist recently trying to get more new fresh music (the problem is I'm not so good with new trendy music, I've been stucked with my generation music 80's & 90's and beyond) Not sure if this is a good one - there's some fresh new music but everytime I'm searching I keep coming back to the usual stuff that I always listen to. If anyone here have any suggestions, feel free to share some useful playlist. Thanks!

5 Replies

Re: Energy Music

Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11

Hi there @elchemaca, thanks for posting! 

Sometimes its hard to pick up the right songs for the creation of an awesome playlist! 

For a start, you can check the workout playlists by Spotify open.spotify.com/genre/workout

Other suggestion is, when you discover some artists that you like, you can follow them and start using Swarm.fm, there you can find all the new releases from an artists you`re following, along with other recommendations.

Anyway, you can always go to Playlist Exchange board, and ask for help other great playlist curators, who have similar playlists : ) 

Happy listening!

MartinStoichkovRock Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

fduniho
Roadie

I normally exercise to psy trance music, which is also known as goa. There is a lot of it out there, and I'm usually able to find something new, whether through a psy trance or goa compilation album or through Spotify Discover. Some artists I can recommend off the top of my head are Electric Universe and Atma. Since multiple artists are using the name Atma, here is one of the albums I have in mind:

spotify:album:2xHcOxO8aVm0EragfpmNTX

I'm not sure what you listen to from the 80s and 90s. For me, when it comes to exercise at least, it's mainly Tangerine Dream. Optical Race is a particularly good album for exercise, but I don't see it on Spotify. Bel Canto also has a lot of music good for exercise.

One more thing to look for is remixes, because these sometimes make a song that is not as suitable for exercise more suitable for it. For example, I have this one on my MP3 player in my large exercise playlist:

spotify:album:0yR8pnRHZa2rIaRD3Wvaz7

fduniho
Roadie

Another thing that comes to mind for contemporary high energy music is foreign pop music. I listen to this not so much for exercise but for energizing myself to do other things, though I have sometimes exercised to it. I have made a playlist called K-Pop Sampler, which features one song apiece from various Korean pop artists. Note that the first song listed is unavailable in the USA and does not appear in the playlist as I view it on Spotify. If you hear silence, just check whether the song is available and skip to the next song if need be.

spotify:user:128759556:playlist:3nNGw8lkXZsihLwmEAFWCv

I would also recommend Russian pop music, particularly by t.A.T.u., particularly this:

spotify:album:4vyPN44zoiJXE6hruCCrGB

elchemaca
Regular

swarm.fm - it's great! Thanks for sharing Martin!

elchemaca
Regular

Hey Fergus,

Appreciate your reply, I will definitely will give a shot. Thanks man

SUGGESTED POSTS