Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Eric Church - The Outsiders

Eric Church - The Outsiders

...any word on this album? Dropped all over today but I am not able to find it yet. 

74 Replies

Do any spotify admins post in these forums? It'd be nice if one saw this and could give us an update on the ETA of the album. If its not up by the end of the week I'm thinking of canceling my subscription and using that money to buy the album on iTunes.

The Spotify community isn't an official support channel I'm afraid, so not every post gets answered by Spotify. 

If you want a guarenteed response, drop the team an email here or tweet @SpotifyCares and Spotify support will reply back. However, I would imagine they will just give you same answer as you got here (since we have seen it many many times before). Might be worth asking though.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

i have emailed Spotify and have been since tuesday, they said that there really isnt anything they can do. they do no know when an album or song will be available to be put on spotify, it is all up to the record company. i have mention to them about them tellings us when albums or songs will be available in the next updatee. the record company probally will add it , which we are all hoping that they do , like i said before , im probally going to buy it off of itunes because i have some doubts. Usually most new releases that comes out the day of ,, are added to spotify, for some odd reason this album was not . Maybe it has to do with sales

I want my money back! If I wanted to wait for new music to become available illigally online I wouldn't be paying for Spotify!

Typically, competition in business leads to a better product for the consumer.  Oddly enough, in music for some reason the competition tends to leave the listener in the dark.  Certain artists only want their music in XX place (see Kid Rock and iTunes and in this case Church with his new album), Sonos doesn't play certain types of music file (again, iTunes)...  And then they collectively throw hissyfits when we download music illegally and threaten to sue.  Eventually, the market will even out but until then, situations like this force the consumer to attain the product illegally. 

This is exactly what they're looking for.  It's not uncommon for record companies to delay big releases on streaming services in hope of higher digital sales. (taylor swift did it, along with rihanna) 

Gary alans set you free was named one of the greatest country albums of 2013. No tricks, no gimmicks. just music and fans. I love eric church and cant wait to hear this album, and ill probably buy it, but i also want to say shame on eric church for allowing it.

Please. It's called smart business. By delaying the release on Spotify, they are hoping that they see an increase in sales of the album.  Then, once the album sales have flattened, they will place it on Spotify to reap the royalties there. The amount the label, and Church himself, make off of their songs being streamed on Spotify pales in comparison to the amount they make off of an album sale.  I think this will be more and more common with Spotify as time goes on, to see a bit of a delay before the album is available.

I understand the record label wants to sell more albums. I would be willing to wait, but I don't like not knowing when its going to out. They need to set up a release date with the label and at least let us know, or something along those lines. Its pretty crappy right now, we have no idea when its going to be available. It could be next Tuesday or it could be a month from now. I just would like a better system for this setup so we aren't completely in the dark.

That's a fair point. Would be helpful to know if it's just delayed, or not going to be up at all, so we could go about getting it via other means if it wasn't going to show up. But that's probably half the idea, to make people think the only option they have to hear it is to buy it. If they announce up front that if you just wait two weeks and you will be able to listen to it on Spotify, then they aren't going to see much of a bump in album sales.

Just got an email from Spotify directly that saod:

Hi Andrew,
Spotify just added A Man Who Was Gonna Die Young by Eric Church to the playlist Ultimate Country.

You are receiving this email because you are following this playlist.

So uhhh thanks Spotify for adding a song from the new album to a playlist but the album isn't available as far as I can tell.. I'm not sure how Spotify 1. added a song to a playlist if the song isnt available (it must be available somewhere) 2. why Spotify would send me an email about a song from an album that they havent released. Very frustating. 

Can confirm "The Outsiders" album is now available in the following markets:

AU NZ

There are also 2 other copies of the album in the catalogue now, both of which are unavailable still. However, this generally means from experience a release is just around the corner in other markets. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Although I am already obsessed with this album and couldnt wait a week for it to come out on spotify, wanted you all to know that I added all the songs from The Outsiders to my playlist this morning except Track 9 so looks like all can finally enjoy the amazing Eric Church and his new project! Enjoy!

Carolyn can you share the playlist link here?  I am dying to hear his new album.

I am not sure how to share a link to it here, sorry i am not so tech inclined 🙂 If you can give me a way to send it to you I have it as a seperate playlist on my account. I want to share this mans music with everyone possibIe, the album is amazing! I did notice that I can only find the album on my computer and not on my phone if that helps anyone.

Eric Church – The Outsiders

Hopefully this works, let me know! Enjoy

Bah.  It has them all locked aside of the 2 singles that are already out.  Thanks for trying.

Sorry 😞 Thats strange because they all work on my computer, but not on my phone. All I can think is I can see them on my spotify because i downloaded the songs on itunes? The album shows up when I search spotify on my computer though. Hopefully it is out soon!

Well at least it appears to be loaded, although mostly unlocked, i suppose that could be considered progress!

I am so tired of waiting for this album! Spotify will soon be losing a subscriber if its not available soon

Suggested posts