Favorite Coldplay Song.....Just One and Why?

Highlighted

Favorite Coldplay Song.....Just One and Why?

Rock Star 12
Rock Star 12

Hi, I’m a big fan of Coldplay my favorites albums are the A Rush Of Blood To The Head, Viva la Vida, Mylo Xyloto and A Head Full of Dreams, the Ghost Stories it’s the one I prefer not to listen and the new one that look like it’s coming….I don’t know…I’ll have to wait but I don’t like the way they are taken.

But, but, but this thread it’s about just one song, one that if you only have one chance to listen will would you pick and most of all…..why???

Mine it’s the last track form Vive la Vida, this song since the very first time I listen makes me feel….I don’t know, maybe is this…make me feel.  It’s soft, calm, you know…. And then…. The keyboards take you to another level, another place, with so much joy and at the middle of the song….kind of no regrets like making right now an important decision to move on and move on with the final part of the song… just like the start of the album taking you to some place, hard to realize which one, but looks like a pleasant one, like the one will be if we’re lucky at the end of our lives….are we waking up or are we fading away?  Just Love the whole song makes feel alive and conscious about time and opportunities the life give us!!!

spotify:track:0guzngk1qWk5sgdYbThEGI

And yours…..

Which one is your favorite song and remember…..Why?

JpgchiefRock Star 12
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
14 Replies

Re: Favorite Coldplay Song.....Just One and Why?

Rock Star 13
Rock Star 13
Beautiful piano, lovely vocals, and well-written lyrics. This is my favorite Coldplay song of all time.

https://open.spotify.com/track/0R8P9KfGJCDULmlEoBagcO
rossi1911Rock Star 13

Rock Star 12
Rock Star 12
Great choice, certainly!!!
Thanks @rossi1911
JpgchiefRock Star 12

pramos03
Music Fan

I was skeptical about listening to Ghost Stories at first like many others. People dubbed it as being boring, overtly simplistic, and shallow.  After further breaking it down and getting to understand it's meaning, it then became much more impactful and meaningful to listen to. It's different from their previous albums, but it's important to acknowledge that artists go through their struggles and process things in different ways and something I've loved about Coldplay throughout the years. Hence this break up album. In this album Chris Martin had just separated from his then partner Gwenyth Paltrow. Break ups are rough and often times bring their own set of emotions to process.  One of the songs that struck with me was Always in My Head.  A song about acknowledging that something has ended and perhaps time to move on. Unfortunately moving on isn't always as easy as people deem it to be. Somehow the memories continue to linger and have an impact in our lives regardless. It's sad, it's meaningful, and will certainly get you in the "feels" if the mood is right. 

spotify:track:0FMjqbY3aWo1QDbo3GwXib

Rock Star 12
Rock Star 12
👏🏻
👏🏻
Oh Man!!!
You have a point there @pramos03
Now I'll try it one more time with a different mind set!!!
Really appreciate your comments
Thank you !!!
JpgchiefRock Star 12

annight
Roadie

this might literally be the most difficult question I have come across.

I grew up listening to Coldplay. if I had to choose it would have to be "Sparks" from their album Parachutes. The meaning behind each song is unique but as an album each track comes together like a finished puzzle. Parachutes was the beginning of their success and it's a straight up legacy. It led me to continue listening and get hooked onto other albums such as a Rush of Blood, X&Y, and Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends. Phenomenal, all of them.

Ghost Stories for my personally, kind of signified as the start of my teenage years. It was released just as I was experiencing all the realities of growing up. So that one has a rich meaning for me as well.

If the question were "what is your favorite coldplay album?" It would be Parachutes, easy. Or even "what is your favorite album of all time?" It would still be Parachutes <3

Rock Star 12
Rock Star 12

Love your reasons @annight, and I’m with you it´s hard to pick one song and even one album, but you have all very clear and I like that, congratulations.

Thank you!!!

JpgchiefRock Star 12

BenitoKCM
Roadie

Without a doubt, The Scientist.

Why? Simply it's beautiful and it moves me.

aldo028
Roadie

This one just because Brian Eno was part of this album, and also it has a dreamy sounds.

https://open.spotify.com/track/6WF4hzdGXvXd1joERSXJjm

Rock Star 12
Rock Star 12

Great pick, didn’t know  about Eno but I love this album 

JpgchiefRock Star 12
SUGGESTED POSTS