Announcements

Favorite Mainstream Pop Act?

Highlighted

Favorite Mainstream Pop Act?

Roadie

I know most of the users here tend to favor indie artists but I'm curious what your favorite mainstream pop acts are? The one's that are on the top of the billboard charts, who win Grammy Awards, who are played on the radio. The one's that you'd usually not pay attention to... We all have one... who are your favorite mainstream pop acts, from now and the recent past.

8 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Favorite Mainstream Pop Act?

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17

I am not even favoriong indie, I dig electronic music a whole lot. 😉

But for the most mainstream artist that I love a whole lot, i guess that title goes to Robbie Williams. 
He put up an amazing performance in Tallinn (the capital of where I live), saw it on TV though. He doesn't seem to top billboards right now though. 

Yeah nah.. What are your favourite pop acts? 🙂

SebastyRock Star 17
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Community Legend
My all time favorites are from the early 2000's like Backstreet Boys, Robbie Williams, The Corrs, and Justin Timberlake.

For today's generation, my favorites are Halsey and Clean Bandit.

Highlighted

Roadie

For the record, my musical taste tends to heavily favor mainstream acts, specifically of the pop and R&B genres. My favorite artists are TLC, Mariah Carey, Toni Braxton, Christina Aguilera, Janet Jackson, Whitney Houston, Salt-N-Pepa and Spice Girls.  

And I'm not even a little bit embarrassed to admit that fact. 

Highlighted

Music Fan
Highlighted

Roadie

would paloma faith count as a mainstream act although she is more popular in the uk

Highlighted

Roadie

Sure I think she would count! 

Highlighted

Gig Goer
Halsey and Harry Styles, both are pop but with a variety of indie and rock mixed in. I'm in love with both of their newer albums
Highlighted

Roadie

Lorde definetly. I found the production on her first album, Pure Heroine, really interesting in production terms. But what really grabbed me where the lyrics, which was surprising,  as sadly many (but not all) popular radio artists fall short on lyrics. My favourite songs by her are Ribs and Buzzcut Season. She has a new album coming this Friday!

https://open.spotify.com/track/1n46BBFHozz6jDufJ81BDT

https://open.spotify.com/track/0i7Hh51R5z3Y32tJPFV54V

SUGGESTED POSTS