Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Favourite TV Theme Songs!

Favourite TV Theme Songs!

Some of the most well recognised songs come tied to our favourite TV shows. If I say ‘Now, this is a story…’ we all know exactly which beloved 90s sit-com I’m talking about. With shows like It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia and The Office (U.S) racking up nine-plus seasons, nowadays it’s not uncommon to hear a show’s theme music upwards of a hundred times.

But all is not well in the world of theme music. The Boxset gave birth to binge culture, and now streaming sites like Netflix are quite appropriately streamlining it. One of the many efficiencies brought about by such sites is the ability to ‘Skip Intro’. This could mean whole generations will miss out on the nostalgia-packed classics that literally have the power vanquish our fears and bring us to tears.

I’m going to leave a couple of my favourites below. Add yours, too. First one to feel an emotion loses.

spotify:track:7FO7BolIZsl1o8DDSjeOph:small

spotify:track:1gtflD7JVxpozNitZJp6xu:small

spotify:track:0UREO3QWbXJW3gOUXpK1am:small

spotify:track:2MTUQO0Fk2Tj6fGNpX6Fmz:small

29 Replies

When I was very little, the original incarnation of Hawaii Five-O came on right at my bedtime. But I loved the theme song so much my parents would let me stay up to hear it. Never watched the show, but I got to listen to the theme song. Not exactly lullaby music, but it's still a favorite.

spotify:track:0A97IrjQ6OJyW75JSAzrG0:small

Mission: Impossible also has a classic — a theme song so good they kept it when they did the feature-film reboot.
spotify:track:7IHJO7Q87aZvkmNnsKeRXh:small

In a completely different vein, I've always been fond of Henry Mancini's 

n a completely different vein, I've always been fond of Henry Mancini's Newhart theme. Newhart used to air in late-night syndication where I live, and my wife and I would watch it as we went to sleep. The theme is so calming and relaxing, I'd often be out before it was over.
spotify:track:6Oz3vakDvoYOxKvpJKbLOl:small

As far as newer themes, RJD2's "A Beautiful Mine," which was used as the theme for Mad Men, always pulled me in. It puts me in mind of a modern version of Bernard Herrmann's classic Hitchcock themes.
spotify:track:1k5f1jOidJH55R0yLeZB0X:small

I could go on.

Finally a discussion of my liking.

Though it should be one not favorites. I can take out a whole library.

When I think of theme songs for the most part I think they should be sound only. To make it the best one. I thought of these things. Impact on cultural, impact on the series, easily recognizable, one of the best theme songs ever made, awesome.

So here is my pick

https://open.spotify.com/track/3FnSNtCcN0dySWXSQ0lFQl

From Sweden/Denmark TV series Bron/Broen:

Follow me

I love the Sopranos Theme!

Dont know from what theme is Tear Drop but I love that song as well.

I love theme songs so much and it is interesting that even though Netflix streamlines the binge experience their original shows have such quality theme songs! Almost every Netflix original I watch and enjoy has a really good opening. I am going to stay away from anime openings because I believe that is a whole other topic and I have too many favorites, but my absolute favorite theme songs have to be either Monk or Bojack Horseman. Kudos to Bojack for having a great outro too performed by Grouplove!

spotify:track:4Nos5i3D8frSmUDtLWviT8:small

spotify:track:2fYwXajnfsfp4APMSop4Uc:small

spotify:track:5d4ERnrRRe9o4I7aFLFTvP:small

I like a lot the theme from the TV game 'Fort Boyard'

https://open.spotify.com/track/6Ftt1toSC1oMDf2Y9YjNtP

Spotify artist doing video games music covers.
55+ covers available on Spotify

Ive always been a Randy Newman fan. What theme is this show from? Ive got a similar randy newman song if you´re interested.

An important part of my childhood

spotify:track:4ZSw3MujJ376TvkrDEr5TS

@Threesom666 it is from the US tv show Monk

Thanks!

Of course the X-Files!

Who could forget them?

Speaking about The X Files this song is a great tribute don’t you think @Threesom666?

https://open.spotify.com/track/2jlJVAqrN7bHsw7EwPOIIi?si=yHORVPHs

JpgchiefRock Star 14
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts