Frank Zappa

Highlighted

Frank Zappa

Casual Listener

i really would like to have zappas music available is there any reason why hes not on any streaming programs like spotify or deezer or anything. all his albums cost like £25 each new.

36 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Frank Zappa

Zappa's music is owned by the Zappa family trust and it is marketed by Ryko.

Either the Ryko contract is up for re-negotiation or there has been some sort of disagreement between the ZFT and Ryko. The ZFT is run by Gail Zappa, maybe they are planning a wholesale re-issue of re-masterd Zappa music, who knows?

Either way Zappa CD's are pretty much unobtainable at the moment from the usual sources, hence the stupid prices being asked.

As for Zappa's music appearing on Spotify. There are probably two chances. Fat and None.Man Sad

Highlighted

Casual Listener

so what can a zappa fan do right now?

Highlighted

Spotify Legend

I would also like some more Zappa. However, it's most likely to be a licensing issue. You can read a little more about it right here.

@LaoTzu wrote:

so what can a zappa fan do right now?

Sadly it seems that a lot of it is pretty rare to pick up. I did manage to pick up a Boxed 3-Vinyl set of "Shut Up & Play Your Guitar" a couple of years back, however.

Airhorn Enthusiast
Highlighted

Sorry David, I must be missing something. I can't find any reference to Zappa in any of your links.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

can spotify approach the zappa family trust?

Highlighted

Spotify Legend

@gubby wrote:

Sorry David, I must be missing something. I can't find any reference to Zappa in any of your links.

That FAQ link is more a general example as to why some artists might not be available, rather than relating particularly to Zappa. In the meantime, why not check out ZappaRadio over on the Zappa website? 

Airhorn Enthusiast
Highlighted

Thanks for that.

Zappa Radio is a good listen. Thanks for flagging it up

Highlighted

Its not a library i would pay for without Frank

Highlighted

Casual Listener

how is it that we can get some of his classical works and not his mainstream stuff?

SUGGESTED POSTS