General Ranking and Sorting of Music... What have you come up with?

General Ranking and Sorting of Music... What have you come up with?

CharlesB14
Casual Listener

I've never been a fan of the single star system, and I like to play a top % of my favorite music. This is what I have come up with so far...

Rank_System.JPG

At least this way I can play only my 5 star songs, or 4 & 5 star songs etc... but it takes so much effort to locate every single song I like to listen to, and for the songs that are kind of borderline, it just depends on the mood I am in at the time...

I also plan to make a suggestion post for a ranking and sorting system, but wanted to hear what you had as far as personal sorting systems etc.

3 Replies

Re: General Ranking and Sorting of Music... What have you come up with?

Joe
Community Legend

I used to do something like this until I realised that I was only listening to music I actually liked so collecting tracks just so I could mark them as "not to my liking" ceased to be an issue. They just went in the recycle bin :)

CharlesB14
Casual Listener

Yeah, fortunately I had come to the same conclusion before setting this up. The 1 star doesn't mean I don't like it, its just in the lower % of the music that I DO like.

Highlighted

Adam
Roadie

I used to obsessively do this with my iTunes music but if I did it with Spotify I'd end up only ever listening to 4/5 star tracks. ;-)

I try to divide my Spotify in 3/4 sections:

• established stuff that I know I like - artists/albums I come back to a lot
  • a "discovery" section with playlists of new stuff that I might like but haven't listened to enough to be in category 1
  • then a section of collaborative playlists and playlists I've found and subscribed to
--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.
SUGGESTED POSTS