DJ Rosebud

Hip Hops Finest

The Pop Experience

Dj Wizz

Jason Chains

Jason Miller

Dj Hitz

Jason Star

What I want is Talk Dirty by Jason Derulo.  Not a million karaoke sessions or whatever the hell this crap is.  Seriously WTF why is this stuff even on spotify?

5 Replies

Re: Get rid of copy cat artists that nobody wants to hear

Gummybuns
Casual Listener

Huh I guess tons of cover songs is just a thing:

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/cover-songs-homage-or-irksome-marketing-ploy

This is beyond stupid.  Get rid of them spotify I want to drop you so bad for having a ton of **bleep** covers on your service.

Matze
Roadie

Slow down...

The song is called "Talk Dirty". You'll easily find it, if you search for that, because the orginal song is usually the first search result. 

Nobody forces you to listen to cover songs, but there are a lot of people who like them and certainly don't want them to be removed. 

Joe
Community Legend

I'm a great believer in free choice and I'd hate it if Spotify started controlling what I can and can't listen to. However spotify could make it easier to exclude covers in our searches and this idea is worth supporting.

Meanwhile, we can always include both the artist and the track title in our searches, as in "artist:Derulo & track:talk dirty".

Gummybuns
Casual Listener

I shouldn't have to research a song on google in order to find it on spotify.  I should be able to type in a reasonable guess as to what the song name is and it should show up on spotify if I was close enough.  "Talk dirty to me" is close enough to "Talk dirty".  

Searching "Talk dirty to me" on google returns the correct song as the first result.  It should do the same on spotify.  

Otherwise people search for a song, find a crappy cover version, and think its the original.

It happened to me when I searched for the song "The Man".  The result that came back was by "DJ Hitz".  I thought it was kind of a weird corny name for a popular artist but I went with it because it was the only result.  It sounded close enough to the radio version but something was off about it, it didn't sound as polished as I expected.  Then I googled the song name, found the original artist, and found the song in spotify.  It was just an annoying unnecessary experience.

Highlighted

Matze
Roadie

You are absolutely right: search is a very important feature and Spotify has neclected that for far too long. It has improved a lot on the desktop version, but there are still some problems. The mobile search is horrible and results are wrong if you type in more than the actual title of a song. If you search for "Talk dirty to me" on Google you get the right result, because that's part of the lyrics of the song. Spotiy doesn't have that information, so you don't get the right results. It usually helps to just type as few words as possible to find the right song (in this case "talk dirty" instead of "talk dirty to me").  

Not sure what's the problem with "The Man" though. Aloe Blacc's version is the first search result for me. 

SUGGESTED POSTS