Getting discovered on Spotify

Highlighted

Getting discovered on Spotify

Absmusiq
Roadie
Hello everyone,
I'm an Independent Artist/Singer-Songwriter/Producer based in the UK. I've been making music since 2009 and I've had my music on Spotify since 2011 but I just can't seem to get it out of Spotify's graveyard. I have no doubt that the music is good for the type of genre it is and I know a lot of people that like the sort of music I make would really love it. So I'm looking for ways to get my music discovered on Spotify. I'm willing to go down the paid promotion route as long as they are genuine and not bots. So please guys any suggestions will be of great help. Many Thanks in advance
https://open.spotify.com/artist/4rNaVxvaMFACtzjUvzdFVf?context=spotify%3Aartist%
6 Replies

Re: Getting discovered on Spotify

johnnygr4ves
Roadie

The biggest thing is developing your fanbase outside of Spotify. Social media is so powerful, and using all those platforms to build yourself out as an artist is very important. People don't just rock with music, they need to feel a connection that runs deeper than just a beat; they want to see who the person developing the music is. Apart from staying consistent on social media, consistency is also important. Russ will always be the best example for this; he started with no connections, producing/writing his own music, and now he's selling out concerts all over. With Russ, he consistently posted a new track every week for a few years! I wouldn't say that the majority of his songs are amazing, but they're vibey, and to put out good content at that speed is something that people can believe in! 

Hopefully this helped!

Cheers :) 

Absmusiq
Roadie
Hey man, thanks a lot for your comment. I've been posting links on social media for years now and but I get very little result. I'm very confident in the music, I just need a break through a playlist/getting a bigger audience exposed to my music and I think that will go a long way.

johnnygr4ves
Roadie

It's not just posting links. It's about creating a bond between you and the audience, and the way you do that is letting them in on what you do, and sharing with them things that show that they're more than just numbers, but a proper community. Show them your personality! 

Absmusiq
Roadie
Well I do that, maybe I don't do it enough. I'm alway posting videos of me making music, going out, gigs, cooking, spending time with girlfriend etc maybe I'm not interesting enough.

Guyfiction

**bleep**. This is the internet age. For some reason people think you can just post music to social media and get popular. People who are popular are either a.) pushed by record companies or b.) memes themself. A lot of people are internet famous before they become famous for their music. Take all these soundcloud rappers, lill pump had a huge Instagram before he made music , XXX got famous because he went to jail and Russ didnt just rise out of independence he was pushed by Columbia Records! Its literally the first thing that it says on the career section in his Wikipedia page.

So you have 2 options, get a record deal or build a social media empire. Good luck. 

kitchless
Gig Goer

Well I'm sure you are!!

and you show alot of personality in this thread and what I understand is that you put alot of effort in your music and social engagement.

You need to engage with your Fans make them feel like they are not a number be on all the social platforms and if your followers don't expand it must be you not doing a good job blah blah blah so many people cheat the numbers and spreading these kind of stories aswell.note: not saying the other guy is doing it.. Don't let it discourage you and yes a break helps a crazy lot. Just be prepared for it. Goodluck with your music..make the best you can and be proud of it no matter how many followers and be driven by more than just that..A girlfriend is a good start lol..laterz

SUGGESTED POSTS